Sky Blues in the Community are looking to recruit a School Sport and Participation Manager.
The main purpose of this role is to lead on Sky Blues in the Community’s school sport offer (PPA/After School Clubs/Joy of Moving and Premier League Primary Stars programme) and recreational holiday camps and Saturday recreational football sessions for children and young people.
- To be responsible for achieving financial targets set by the senior management team and KPI’s set by funders.
- To develop and maintain outstanding relationships with local schools and local partners and stakeholders.
- To continuously improve school sport and participation programmes.
- To manage and develop a team of School Sport delivery staff and manage their specific professional development and training.
- To be responsible for quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation and report writing for all programmes.
Key responsibilities of the role are as follows.
- To be responsible for the design, delivery and continuous improvement of the Sky Blues in the Community PE/Sport Curriculum
- To be the main point of contact with all schools for the organisation of all programmes and maintain outstanding relationships with key personnel within each school
- To be responsible for budgeting, forecasting and managing expenditure, payments and invoices linked to all School Sport and Participation programmes
- To be responsible for achieving financial targets as set by the Sky Blues in the Community senior management team
- To be responsible for leading, managing and developing a team of school sport staff
- To be responsible for developing, growing and maintaining strong relationships with local schools and key local partners and stakeholders
- To be responsible for administration linked to programmes such as setting up booking systems, collecting registration information, keeping up to date registers and uploading information into monitoring and evaluation systems.
- To oversee the delivery timetables of the department and all staff ensuring that we meet ratios and have suitably qualified staff and can cover sickness and annual leave and still maintain high standards of delivery.
- To be responsible for the recruitment and induction of all staff within the School Sport and Participation team.
- Ensure that all provision is delivered in line health and safety and safeguarding regulations.
- Deliver thorough marketing and promotion plans for all programmes to ensure maximum awareness and uptake.
- Plan and deliver a range of internal and external CPOD opportunities to improve the knowledge and skills of the School Sport and Participation Team.
- Inspire and motivate others to achieve the high standards expected at all times.
- Develop the resources being used in schools to demonstrate best practice for Ofsted and Premier League Charitable Fund assessments.
- Ensure all monitoring and evaluation data is collected and regular case studies and reports are produced and promoted internally and externally to demonstrate the impact of delivery
- Attend all national, regional and local networking events for funded programmes
Represent the organisation in a professional manner at all times and clearly demonstrate the core values
This full time permanent position will be based in our offices at Coventry Building Society Arena. However, there will be a need to travel regularly to schools and other community facilities across Coventry and Warwickshire for meetings and to meet the demands of the business. The candidate will be expected to work some evenings and weekends when the business requires this.
Benefits of working for Sky Blues in the Community include but are not limited to;
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside colleagues who are passionate and determined to ‘Use the unique influence and appeal of Coventry City Football Club to transform the lives of people across Coventry and Warwickshire’.
- Friendly working environment
- Personal and professional growth opportunities and learning and development
- Access to private healthcare
- Flexible and supportive working environment
- Staff uniform and kit
- 21 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus your birthday as a separate days holiday and all bank holiday’s
- Holiday purchase and selling scheme
- Trust pension scheme
- Interest free loan scheme up to £1000
- On-site free parking available
- Annual staff retention payment
- Tickets to all CCFC league home matches
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Harvey Morgan, Business Development Manager on Harvey.firstname.lastname@example.org or 07810773955.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter or completed application form detailing how you meet the requirements of this role as set out in the person specification to Harvey.email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Friday 9th February 2024.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 9th February 2024.
Please note that we plan to interview the back end of the following week (W/C 12th February 2024) so please make sure you will be available during this week before applying as we will have limited ability to reschedule interviews.