Sky Blues in the Community are looking to recruit a Football Development Coordinator.
We are seeking a dynamic and dedicated Football Development Coordinator to join our Player Development Centre (PDC). As the Football Development Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of young football talents within our Charity.
The role key part is to ensure quality assurance is met to a high standard. Quality assurance is crucial for fostering a productive and effective learning environment. Coaches play a pivotal role in ensuring that training sessions adhere to established standards, focusing on skill development, tactical understanding, and physical conditioning. Regular assessments of players’ progress help maintain high-quality training programs, identifying strengths and areas for improvement.
In our player development centre, the role of quality assurance involves ensuring that training programs, coaching methods, and facilities meet established standards. This includes monitoring player development, assessing coaching effectiveness, and maintaining a high standard of performance to enhance the overall quality of the program.
- Player Development: Design and implement comprehensive training programs to enhance the technical, tactical, and physical skills of players within the Player Development Centre.
- Curriculum Design: Develop a progressive and age-appropriate football curriculum that aligns with the club’s philosophy and ensures the holistic development of players.
- Player Assessment: Implement a robust player assessment system to regularly evaluate and monitor the progress of individuals, identifying areas for improvement and creating tailored development plans.
- Talent Identification: Collaborate with scouts and other stakeholders to identify and recruit promising young talents for the Player Development Centre.
- Parental Communication: Establish effective communication channels with parents, providing regular updates on player development, performance, and addressing any concerns or queries.
- Collaboration with Academy Teams: Work closely with the academy teams to ensure a smooth transition for players progressing through the development pathway.
- Community Engagement: Organise and participate in community events, workshops, and outreach programs to promote the Player Development Centre and foster community involvement in football development.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and implement a strategic plan for the PDC, outlining short-term and long-term objectives in line with the organization’s football development strategy.
- Budget Management: Manage the budget for the PDC, allocating resources effectively to support coaching staff, facilities, equipment, and other necessary components of player development.
- Coaching Staff Leadership: Lead and manage the coaching team, providing guidance, mentorship, and professional development opportunities to ensure a high standard of coaching within the PDC.
- Player Recruitment: Oversee the player recruitment process, working closely with scouts and coaches to identify and recruit talented young players who align with the club’s philosophy.
- Compliance and Regulations: Stay informed about relevant football regulations and ensure that the PDC operates in compliance with governing bodies’ guidelines.
- Facility Management: Oversee the maintenance and usage of training facilities, ensuring a safe and conducive environment for player development activities.
- Football Education Academy – Lead on the football side of our 16-19 year old academy in partnership with Coventry College.
- PDC Games Programme – Support with the coordination of the games programme including allocation of venues and referees.
Benefits of working for Sky Blues in the Community include but are not limited to;
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside colleagues who are passionate and determined to ‘Use the unique influence and appeal of Coventry City Football Club to transform the lives of people across Coventry and Warwickshire’.
- Friendly working environment
- Personal and professional growth opportunities and learning and development
- Access to private healthcare
- Flexible and supportive working environment
- Staff uniform and kit
- 21 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus your birthday as a separate days holiday and all bank holiday’s
- Holiday purchase and selling scheme
- Trust pension scheme
- Interest free loan scheme up to £1000
- On-site free parking available
- Annual staff retention payment based on performance
- Tickets to CCFC home matches
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Shaun Pierce Football Development Manager on Shaun.email@example.com or 07766365675.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter or completed application form detailing how you meet the requirements of this role as set out in the person specification to Shaun.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: on Friday 23rd February 2024.
Closing date for applications is on 5.00pm on Friday 23rd February 2024. Please note that suitable applications will be assessed as and when they are received so apply early to avoid disappointment.
We plan to interview W/C 26th February so please make sure you are available before applying.