Coventry City Academy is recruiting accommodation providers for the 2023/24 season.
Lodgings should provide good quality long term or temporary accommodation in the Coventry area and be on a bus or train route to Coventry Station, or within walking distance of the Alan Higgs Centre.
Homes must provide a safe and preferably, family setting for the apprentices to live during their weekly training schedule.
The role will require residential accommodation from Sunday evening until Saturday morning each week during the football season (usually from the last week in June until first week in May) and will require the accommodation provider to provide a high quality, nutritional breakfast and a cooked evening meal each day.
We also provide accommodation for a number of trialists throughout the Season who require short term accommodation, usually from a Wednesday evening to Saturday morning.
Coventry City Football Club and the League Football Education (LFE) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all accommodation providers to share this commitment.
Job Description - Requirements:
Location: Be within a 15-20 minute train or bus journey of Academy Training Ground, The Alan Higgs Centre, Allard Way, Coventry, CV3 1HW
Essential Requirements and Skills:
- Provide the young person with a suitable and safe environment.
- Provide running hot and cold water
- Provide clean and safe washing facilities (Bathroom, working shower/bath)
- Provide adequate bed and sleeping facilities, each player with their own room
(Preferably double bed for each player but not mandatory)
- Provide morning breakfast and a hot cooked meal each evening.
- Excellent communication and listening skills and ability to build trusted working relationships.
- Able to cope with the young person’s flexible schedule throughout the football season.
Desirable Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Experience and knowledge of working with young people.
- An understanding of the emotional impact and well-being challenges that academy/professional life may bring.
- Child-focused approach.
- Ability to promote and demonstrate anti-discriminatory practice.
Expectations of Accommodation providers:
- Comply with the club Safeguarding and Welfare policies and therefore commit to the accommodation inspection visits and checks each season
- Each member over 16 within the household will require an enhanced GBG Disclosures check before a player can be placed with them. The club will pay for and facilitate this process.
- Support our young people by teaching them basic independent living and self-care skills such as washing, cooking and cleaning up after themselves.
- Report any welfare concerns to the Academy Safeguarding and Welfare team should they occur.
- Include our young people in family life as much as they feel comfortable with.
Remuneration: £120 per player, per week. Less than a week will be dependent on the number of days you host the player.
Coventry City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the requirements of the role
- Please send a Covering Letter (or email) setting out your experience and why you would like to be an Accommodation Provider for Coventry City Football Club Academy, and a CV highlighting any relevant qualifications, along with the completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to Sophie.email@example.com
- References will be required prior to commencing the role.
- All accommodation providers will be required to hold an enhanced DBS, paid for by the Club.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.