Coventry City host Middlesbrough on Saturday afternoon, with the matchday guide for the game is now available.
The Sky Bet Championship match is a 3pm kick-off on Saturday 1st October, for City's first afternoon home game at the Coventry Building Society Arena this campaign.
This is a Category B fixture – prices are:
- Adults - £25
- Concessions - £20
- Under 18s - £15
- JSB U16s - £10
- JSB U13s - £0
Take a look at the Matchday Guide below…
Fans are advised to take note of the travel information, which includes details about train strikes and the closure of the M42 this weekend.
Sky Blues fans will be able to pay on the day at the Arena at Cash Turnstiles, or from the Ticket Office.
Tickets will be available to buy from the Ticket Office at the Coventry Building Society Arena, which opens at 9:30am and is open until kick-off. This is cashless, with card and contactless payment available.
Sky Blues fans can buy at Cash Turnstiles 30–35 from 1:30pm. There is no matchday price increase.
For any queries, please click here or call 0333 321 31 34
For queries on the day, please visit the Ticket Office from 9:30am.
Please note that Season Tickets are not available to buy on matchdays.
Any ticket collections and queries for Sky Blues fans can be made at the Ticket Office from 9:30am up until kick-off.
If you have lost your Season Ticket card, please visit the Ticket Office.
If you Match Ticket has not arrived, please visit the Ticket Office.
Fans whose Season Card has not arrived yet are advised to email firstname.lastname@example.org – the Ticket Office will then check when your card was dispatched and arrange a replacement if necessary. Fans would have the option of being sent an e-ticket for our next game, or be able to collect a paper ticket.
We are delighted to be welcoming Coventry City Women and Girls FC to Saturday's game!
There will be a bucket collection pre-match to raise funds for the Club, while players and coaches will be parading around the pitch at half-time.
Players from the Club will also be our ball collectors while they will form the pre-match guard of honour for the players too!
The Club Shop will be open from 9:30am until kick-off – as it is a weekend game, it will be open for one hour post-match.
The shop is cashless. This season’s home, away and third outfield kits are in stock.
Turnstiles open at 1:30pm - the advised turnstile for entry is shown on your ticket, but you can use other turnstiles if you wish.
Hospitality opens at 12:30pm.
Most turnstiles close at 3pm but late turnstiles, which remain open until half-time, are numbers 18 (East Stand) and 45 (West/North Stand).
Due to the current national terror threat level, there will also be searches on entry. We may also ask to search your bag. We’ll be as quick as we can when undertaking our searches, but please allow some extra time for this to take place and co-operate with our security staff.
To book on-site car parking for this game, click here
To book off-site car parking for this game, click here.
In all car parks, please follow the instructions of the car park stewards - vehicle movement is restricted 1 hour before kick-off, with all on-site roads closed at least 1 hour before kick-off.
For queries regarding on-site car parking, please contact email@example.com
- National rail strike: Saturday 1 October. Members of the ASLEF union, RMT union and TSSA union will take part in action. For more information visit: https://www.tfwm.org.uk/plan-your-journey/major-roadworks-and-events/industrial-action/
- Conservative Party Conference: Sunday 2 October to Wednesday 5 October. (Traffic Management in operation and termination of the Metro at the Library stop from Wednesday 28 September). Please visit our website for more information Conservative Party Conference | Transport for West Midlands (tfwm.org.uk)
- Full closure of the M42 between junctions 5-6: Friday 30 September to Monday 3 October. For more information visit the websites; M42 junction 6 - National Highway and https://www.tfwm.org.uk/plan-your-journey/major-roadworks-and-events/interchange-m42-j6/m42-j5-6/
What does this mean?
With multiple disruptions and events the city and transport network is likely to be a lot busier, please leave extra time for your journey.
Due to the industrial rail action:
- There will be no rail services operated by West Midlands Trains or Avanti West Coast to Coventry or Coventry Arena on Saturday.
To get to Coventry Building Society Arena, the following options are available to you:
- Bus may be an alternative for you on rail strike day, with an extensive bus network across the West Midlands to plan your journey please go to www.tfwm.org.uk
- From Coventry City Centre, National Express services 3, 20 and Stagecoach 48 provide connections near to Coventry Building Society Arena.
- From Nuneaton the National Express service 20 and Stagecoach 48 provide a frequent link to near to the Arena.
- Please note, services will be busier than usual due to a combination of fan travel and those seeking alternatives to rail.
Walking and Cycling
- Do you live locally? Consider walking or cycling as we expect the road network to be busier. Make sure to use pedestrian routes. Visit www.cyclestreets.net to plan your journey by bike.
- For more detailed cycle routes in the West Midlands, please go to Find cycle routes in the West Midlands | Transport for West Midlands (tfwm.org.uk)
- If you use the M42 to get to the game, please be aware Junctions 5 to 6 will be closed throughout the weekend.
Whatever option you decide, leave more time for your journey to the Coventry Building Society Arena, roads and public transport are likely to be busier.
The Sky Blue Tavern is running return travel from the Tavern in the City Centre to Dhillon's Brewery, close to the Arena, offering fans an alternative to driving to the Arena or other public transport. For details or to book, click here or visit their social media.
All Bars and Kiosks at the Arena are cashless – cash payment is not accepted.
The 'Anecdote' bar and the Mill will both be open on Saturday.
The Sky Blue Tavern in Coventry city centre will be open from 11am on Saturday
The Sky Blue Tavern is located at Hertford Place, near Junction 7 of Coventry Ring Road. The Tavern has a Sky Blues theme, with historic images and memorabilia throughout the two-story building, and is the place to go for Sky Blues supporters. This season there is a new Indian Menu too! For info visit www.skybluetavern.com
A shuttle bus is available to book from the Tavern over to Dhillon’s Brewery, near to the Arena – with a drink or food option included.
Meanwhile the Fan Zone at Dhillon’s Brewery will also be open on Saturday at Unit 14A Hales Industrial Estate, Rowley’s Green Lane (CB6 6AT) – a short walk from the Coventry Building Society Arena - from 11am
Hugely popular last season, it includes a 20-foot TV screen, indoor bar and a covered outdoor seating with room for hundreds of Sky Blues fans, plus DJ Big Smithy playing some great music too! New for this season, there's a CCFC Sky Blue Army mural, there are two new outdoor screens, a new food menu and two new outdoor mini bars!
Matchday Programme PUSB will be available around the ground for £3.50, with programme sellers are located around the stadium inside and outside, and the option now to pay cash or card for your programme.
This week's programme features an interview with Matty Godden, amongst a range of other features from the present, past and future of your Club. More details here.
Our Family Zone is back! Activities take place in the concourse under Blocks 32 and 33 from 1:30pm to 2:30pm.
There's a superb raffle, with lots of CCFC prizes up for grabs, plus arts & crafts, games, Sky Blue Sam and much more. Click here for info.
The deadline for celebration messages for the game is 5pm on Thursday 8th September – we can no longer accept any further requests after this time unfortunately due to production timelines. Further information
Any issues of racism, homophobia, discrimination, abusive behaviour or general safety issues can be reported to the Club on home matchdays using the reporting number – 07537 453 117. Please note this a new number for the 2022/23 campaign.
Simply begin your message with the Block/Seat location of the incident – followed by details of the incident. We will treat your message in the strictest confidence.
Details of items that fans can/cannot bring into the stadium are shown below:
Away fans are located in the South Stand. Food and Drink kiosks in the South Stand are cashless. For ticket information, please refer to your club website.
The game is not available to watch on iFollow in the UK. Due to international broadcast of the game on overseas EFL TV rights holders, there is NOT live video coverage on ifollow for fans overseas.
In the UK, audio passes are available to listen to live commentary.