Coventry City Football Club Academy are currently recruiting for two new part time therapists in order to enhance our part time therapy staff bank and expand the existing academy medical department.
Their role would be to assist the full-time academy physiotherapist with the assessment and rehabilitation of academy players aged U9-U16.
This would include assessment of both acute injuries and re-assessment of long-term injuries.
Following on from assessment, the successful candidate would be expected to generate an appropriate problem list and evidence-based treatment plan to guide the player through to return to play, with assistance from full time staff.
This will include gym-based rehabilitation in addition to pitch-based end stage rehab.
The successful candidate will also assist in the screening and testing of FP/YDP age groups.
They will be expected to liaise with other members of the MDT to adopt a multidisciplinary approach to player care.
In addition to this, there is scope to assist in pitch side cover for the U9-U16 age groups for training and match days, with opportunity to progress into a leadership role within the team.
They will be pro-active in identifying their own learning needs and addressing them through a mixture of individual and group CPD.
They will utilise the club’s electronic medical records system for accurate record keeping in line with professional regulations.
The successful candidate will be flexible, reliable and willing to work varied and unsociable hours.
|Qualified Physiotherapist or Sports
|In date ITMMiF qualification|
|Registered with HCPC or SST||Experience working with young
|Subject to a Enhanced DBS Check||Experience working in a sporting
|Working knowledge of paediatric
anatomy and conditions
Coventry City Academy operates under the value of Respect, Development and Resilience. These traits are encouraged in all players and staff members, and the successful applicant will show a willingness to embrace these daily. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent ICT skills and fully conversant with Office packages
- Understand the need for flexible working hours
- Be able to communicate effectively with all club staff members
- Be adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the
- Display a growth mindset towards self-improvement and personal
- Be focused on individual player development within a team
- Live within a workable distance of the football club
- Be passionate about working with and developing young people
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Part Time Therapist role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential
requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application form
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form and signed Self- Declaration Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 10th June 2022
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
- Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential
requirements of the role will not be considered.