Job Title: First Team Sports Therapist/Physiotherapist
Hours of Work: Variable around the first team training and playing schedule
Reporting to: Head of Medical & Performance Services
Location: Sky Blue Lodge, Ryton on Dunsmore
Closing Date: Monday 6th June 2022
Coventry City Football Club is looking to appoint a First Team Sport Therapist or Physiotherapist to assist the existing members of the medical team in the treatment and rehabilitation of first team players.
Reporting to the Head of Medical & Performance Services (HoMPS), the successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of treatment room and gym-based rehabilitation and will take the lead in providing soft tissue therapy services to the players, both pre and post training and on match days, home and away.
Coventry City is a Championship Club with a Category 2 Academy, based in Coventry.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead the soft tissue provision to first team players pre and post training and on match days home and away.
- Assist the medical team in planning and implementing all treatment room and gym-based rehabilitation.
- Oversee and manage the development of the club’s Sports Therapy interns in conjunction with the HoMPS.
- Travel to all league games, home and away. Supply any pre-match treatments needed and as directed by the HoMPS and play an integrated role in the medical team’s emergency pitch side response during matches.
- Maintain a comprehensive and accurate record of all treatments provided across the programme in accordance with departmental standards.
- Ability to perform clinical assessments and physical screenings to inform players and staff of training and injury status as directed by the HoMPS.
- Assist with the co-ordination of player injury prevention and management strategies as directed by the HoMPS.
- Work within the interdisciplinary Sports Science and Medicine (SSM) team to support player development and education.
- Work directly with the S&C staff to undertake performance testing and advise on rehabilitation and return to play protocols.
- Provide regular updates on progress, key problems and status of all first team players to the HoMPS as and when required.
- Sc (Hons) in Sports Therapy or Physiotherapy
- Registered membership to the relevant professional organisation to be able to practice
- At least one year of post graduate experience of working in professional football
- DBS check
- UK Driving License
- The FA’s ATMMiF/ITMMiF Emergency pitch side care qualification or equivalent (although this will be funded for you, if needed upon successful application).
- Experience of working with elite athletes in other sports or performance genres
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to quickly build trust and relationships.
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain records and update case records.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact positively with colleagues and players
- Proficient in IT skills including Office products
- Full clean driving licence preferred
- Willing to work as part of a team,
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
- Willingness to attend training courses to enhance own professional development.
- Always demonstrate the Club’s values.
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties and is not exhaustive. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description.
Coventry City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the Club. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development, and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability, or gender reassignment. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. The Club is a signatory to the FA Leadership Diversity Code.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview upon receipt of application. Please note that candidates may be interviewed prior to the deadline stated.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview. Incomplete applications, and those received from third parties, or agencies, will not be considered.