Job Title: Assistant Press Officer
Hours of Work: Full time, may include evening and weekend work
Reporting to: Head of Marketing & Communication
Location: Sky Blue Lodge, Ryton on Dunsmore
Closing Date: Friday 20th May 2022
Coventry City Football Club is looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual with excellent written, new media and interpersonal skills to help the Club to provide content across all of its digital and non-digital platforms.
Based at the Club’s training facility in Ryton-On-Dunsmore, this role is a great opportunity to work at the heart of a fast-paced, demanding yet exciting industry.
Applicants need to be prepared for an industry that demands flexibility and dedication outside of what many would consider to be ‘the traditional nine-to-five’ in exchange for an extremely unique and rewarding experience that will also allow you to develop, grow and widen your own professional skills.
- Maintaining the official website of Coventry City Football Club www.ccfc.co.uk.
- Produce written content across all of Coventry City Football Club’s digital communications channels.
- Lead on all of Coventry City Football Club’s video output, from the official iFollow account to the Club’s YouTube channel.
- Produce written content for Coventry City Football Club’s matchday programme PUSB.
- Liaise and develop relationships with regional/national/international members of the media.
- Arrange and action media conferences around Coventry City Football Club fixtures and other events.
- Attend Coventry City Football Club league and cup fixtures to generate online content for website and iFollow.
- Attend Coventry City Football Club Under-23s home fixtures to generate online content for website and iFollow.
- Work alongside the Coventry City Football Club Academy to update the fixtures and results on the official website.
- Organise media arrangements for Coventry City Football Club home fixtures. These can include: Creating a seating plan for the press box on matchdays, accepting visiting requests via Dataco, and answering any queries.
- Liaise with Local Press for all post-match content, with National Press such as Sky Sports at occasional fixtures.
- Monitoring and quantifying online performance to report to senior level.
- Update existing Coventry City Football Club’s social media channels, respond to interaction on these platforms, and develop new social media channels
- Other tasks as required
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field such as Communications/Journalism
- Strong written, audio/visual and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Comfortable with working outside of ‘traditional’ office hours to meet the requirements of fixtures and club business
- At least 18 months in-house or agency experience in a relevant industry
- Experience with video-editing software such as Adobe Premiere
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience with EFL online Content Management System
- Experience of working in a professional sports environment
- Experience using Abode Photoshop
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties and is not exhaustive. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description.
Coventry City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the Club. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. The Club is a signatory to the FA Leadership Diversity Code.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview. Incomplete applications, and those received from third parties, or agencies, will not be considered.