THIS VACANCY IS NOW CLOSED
Job Title: Head of Ticketing
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Coventry Building Society Arena, Coventry
Hours of work: 40 hours per week (including evening and weekend work)
Application Deadline: 18th April 2022
Coventry City Football Club is a professional association football club based in Coventry, West Midlands, England. The team currently compete in the Championship, the second tier of the English football league system. The Club play at Coventry Building Society Arena.
Coventry City are now looking to appoint a Head of Ticketing to work with the other members of their team to establish a strong supporter base for the Club.
- Responsible for the ticketing revenues and operations of the business – primarily football but also other ticketed events as they may occur
- Working with our ticketing partner/system provider to maximise revenues and profits from ticketing business
- Establish the club’s customer experience of the ticketing operation – from enquiry to exit from stadium – as successful and industry leading
- P&L responsibility for the ticketing business
- Create a clear strategy to achieve the attendance and ticket revenue targets
- Lead, manage and motivate the ticketing team
- Working with other departments to devise, execute and monitor marketing plan to achieve ticketing targets – match by match and seasonal sales
- Devise, implement and regularly refine ticketing strategy to deliver agreed attendance and revenue targets for match day tickets and season tickets
- Oversee execution of ticketing strategy, monitor results, and budget and amend plan as necessary
- Working with other key business stake holders to produce long term ticket fulfilment plan to maximise profitability of ticketing operation
- Develop a set of metrics for performance monitoring and management of the ticketing operation
- Manage and oversee the effective operation of the ticketing system via all sales channels
- Responsible for the day-to-day reconciliation of ticketing revenues
- Oversee match-day ticketing operation – to include Stadium entry via Fortress turnstiles
- A successful track record as Head of Ticketing/Ticket Office Manager at a professional sports team
- Experience of revenue responsibility
- Experience of managing a team of staff
- Experience of developing strategic sales and marketing plans
- Proven experience of working with major ticketing partners and platforms/systems
- Experience of working with CRM systems
- Full and valid driving licence
- Experience of working with Fortress or similar access systems
- Excellent communicator
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, sales databases)
- Highly self-motivated
- Results focused
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Passionate about delivering the best customer service experience
- Real ‘can do’ attitude
- A strong team player and collaborative working style
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. We work in accordance with the EFL’s Code of Practice and are signatories to the FA’s Football Leadership Diversity Code.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Head of Ticketing role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application Form
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form to HR@ccfc.co.uk by Monday 18th April 2022.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.