Job Title: Junior Grounds Person (Apprentice)
Department: Grounds Staff
Reporting to: Head Grounds Person
Hours of work: Full Time
Application Closing Date: Sunday 12th June 2022
Coventry City Football Club is looking to recruit a Junior Grounds Person to work within the department to assist in the daily management and maintenance of playing surfaces.
This is a great opportunity to join the Coventry City Football Club Ground Staff team. You will undertake everyday tasks at the instruction of the Head Grounds Person and senior colleagues.
You must be able to use your initiative to complete maintenance tasks and you will be trained to use a variety of machinery and gain grounds skills.
This is an apprenticeship role so you will undertake your study with Warwickshire College, as part of your apprenticeship qualification.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Operate pedestrian machinery
- Operate ride on machinery
- Operate tractor and trailer dependant on appropriate training
- Line marking
- Irrigation operations
- Strimming/Hedge Cutting
- Fertiliser application
- Aeration operations
- Basic maintenance
- General site maintenance
- Frost sheet application
- Must adhere to the highest standards of health and safety in the course of the role
- Willing to learn and ability to interact positively with colleagues
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Must be trustworthy and reliable.
- A strong work ethic.
It is preferred that candidates hold a full Driving Licence.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to undertake study and gain qualifications on a recognised grounds apprenticeship course with Warwickshire College.
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check may be a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- To apply for the Junior Grounds Person role, please send a covering letter and up to date CV to HR@ccfc.co.uk by 4.00pm on Sunday 12th June 2022
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview w/c 12th June 2022.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.