Coventry City Academy is excited to announce a rare opportunity to join the Academy Management Team as Head of Education.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring that Academy scholars (Under 17 and U18) receive a high quality education during their time with the Academy, including the delivery of the Sporting Excellence Apprenticeship Program and working with external partners to deliver the Level 3 BTEC in Sporting Excellence and Performance.
The role will also work closely with multidisciplinary staff in delivering the Academy’s ‘school release’ program for players in the Under 13 to Under 16 age groups. The successful applicant will receive a personal development plan, access to regular continued professional development and be part of the Academy’s Staff Development Programme.
A full job description is available on request.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Coventry City Academy operates under the values of Respect, Development and Resilience. These traits are encouraged in all players and staff members, and the successful applicant will show a willingness to embrace these daily. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Have excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent ICT skills and fully conversant with Office packages
- Understand the need for flexible working hours.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all club staff members
- Be adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Display a growth mindset towards self-improvement and personal development
- Be focused on individual player development within a team
- Live within a workable distance of the football club
- Be passionate about working with and developing young people
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application form
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form and signed Self-Declaration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 8th July 2022.
- Please note that interviews may be offered on receipt of application should candidate meet all essential criteria.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
- Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.