Due to an internal promotion, Coventry City Academy is looking to appoint a full time, Head of Academy Player Care to work across all age groups within the Academy.
The successful applicant will join the Academy Management Team and work closely with senior Academy staff on all aspects pertaining to the welfare and wellbeing of the young people within the Academy. This will include:
- Overseeing the delivery of the Academy’s established Life Skills programme for the U9 to U21 age groups
- Responsibility for the implementation of the Academy’s Induction and Exit Strategy process for all young people within the programme
- Leading the recruitment and management of host family provision for Academy scholars
- Constantly evaluating and evolving the Academy’s mental health and wellbeing strategy for all young people and Academy staff
- Sitting on weekly and six weekly multidisciplinary reviews to discuss player development in relation to player care and wellbeing
- Leading the Academy’s ‘Player & Parent Voice’ programme, gaining meaningful feedback on Academy life and implementing changes when appropriate.
The successful applicant will receive a personal development plan, access to regular continued professional development and be part of the Academy’s Staff Development Programme. The role will be based at the Alan Higgs Centre in Coventry and require a flexible approach to working hours, including some evenings and weekends.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Coventry City Academy operates under the values of Respect, Development and Resilience. These traits are encouraged in all players and staff members, and the successful applicant will show a willingness to embrace these daily. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Have excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent ICT skills and fully conversant with Office packages
- Understand the need for flexible working hours.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all club staff members
- Be adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Display a growth mindset towards self-improvement and personal development
- Be focused on individual player development within a team
- Live within a workable distance of the football club
- Be passionate about working with and developing young people
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the HEAD OF ACADEMY PLAYER CARE role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application form
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form and signed Self-
Declaration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 24th June 2022
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
- Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.