Coventry City Football Club are seeking to recruit a First Team Assistant Analyst to be based at the Sky Blue Lodge Training Ground in Ryton-on-Dunsmore, Coventry.
Reporting into the Head of Performance Analysis, the successful candidate will play a vital role supporting the provision of pre, live and post-match analysis for the First Team.
This position is suited to an aspiring Performance Analyst looking to enhance their current skill set and gain First Team experience.
Job Title: First Team Assistant Analyst.
Job Location: Sky Blue Lodge Training Ground, Leamington Road, Ryton-on-Dunsmore, Coventry, CV8 3FL.
Contract Type: Permanent / Full time.
Closing Date: 5th July 2022 (12pm).
This role includes, but is not limited to:
- Create and present detailed, informed opposition analysis through video, data and opposition reports delivered to the Head of Analysis, Manager, coaching staff, and players.
- Work with the Head of Analysis and first team coaching staff to produce specific insights on opposition individual, unit, and team performance.
- Supporting the match-day analysis process including filming and live coding all first team matches (home and away).
- Assist with the filming and coding of first team training sessions for player and team development.
- Support the response to ad-hoc requests from the coaching staff, supporting other departments within the organisation.
- Researching and analysing information with reference to Set Pieces, from both data and video.
- To manage, share and database video analysis work.
Technical Skills (Essential/ Desired):
- Knowledge and experience of using specific performance analysis software such as Hudl Sportscode, SBG (Focus, MatchTracker) and Wyscout. (E)
- Proficient in using telestration software (Hudl Studio). (E)
- Understanding of data visualisation software (Tableau, Python, R). (D)
- Knowledge of football data sources and subsequent analysis of the information (Statsbomb, OPTA). (E)
- Ability to work irregular and unsociable hours as required, involving work outside normal office hours, evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays.
- Undergraduate degree in Sports Science, Performance Analysis, or other related subjects.
- Able to integrate and communicate effectively, in a professional manner to staff members with differing technical understanding.
- Be able to work to a high standard with excellent attention to detail and able to prioritise workloads.
- To be flexible to undertake other duties when required.
- Full Driving License
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
The salary for this role is competitive and will be discussed with the shortlisted candidates at the interview stage.
Coventry City FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
How to apply:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application form
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form and signed Self-Declaration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Tuesday 5th July 2022.
- Please note that interviews may be offered on receipt of application should candidate meet all essential criteria.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
- Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.