Coventry City are looking to recruit a team of Matchday Supporter Liaison Officers ahead of the new season to help improve the matchday experience for supporters at home games.
The role of a Matchday Supporter Liaison Officer (MSLO) is to act as an advocate of both Coventry City and supporters. The SLO’s will be the first point of contact for supporters and fan groups on our home matchdays regarding queries, issues, complaints and feedback at the Coventry Building Society Arena, for both home and away supporters.
Reporting to the Supporter Services Officer (SSO), Matchday Supporter Liaison Officers (MSLOs) are needed to provide help, guidance and answers to supporter enquiries in the build up to kick off as well taking feedback and suggestions during the game and post-match too. MSLO’s will be a happy, friendly face to welcome people to the Coventry Building Society Arena who will liaise and feed back to the Supporter Services Officer to ensure all supporter issues are resolved. They will always promote the club and its ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner. The role is different to that of stewards, being focused on liaising with supporters more directly.
MSLO’s will be required to work from 1pm to 5:30pm.
The minimum age for this role is 18.
- Good communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to learn.
- High degree of commitment, motivation, reliability and flexibility.
- Ability to communicate, particularly in groups and in public.
- Assured negotiating skills and assertiveness.
- Appropriate life experience and experience of dealing with fans; knowledge of and contacts within the club’s fan base.
- Ability to provide information to fans in a clear and concise manner.
An ideal candidate will be:
- Able to deal with a range of fans’ queries or be able to find out more information where required.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Have a proactive and can-do attitude with the ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- Have experience of customer service roles.
- Understand and implement the club’s safeguarding policy, procedures and best practise guidelines in the role.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
Applicants need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings and weekends.
Coventry City FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the requirements of the role
- Please send a Covering Letter (or email) setting out your experience and why you would like to be a Matchday Supporter Liaison Officer, and a CV highlighting any relevant qualifications, along with the completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to HR@ccfc.co.uk
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.