Coventry City Academy is offering a unique opportunity for a practicing physiotherapist to undertake the newly formed role of Head of Academy Medical.
Joining the established Academy Management Team, the successful applicant will lead a team of part time and full time physiotherapists and sports therapists, gain practical experience of working with young professional footballers, and have access to club wide CPD in aspects pertaining to physiotherapy and medicine.
In addition, the role will see the applicant act as physiotherapist for the Under 21 squad, working closely with the wider multidisciplinary team to develop individuals within the programme. The successful applicant will receive a bespoke staff development plan, receive regular support from senior Academy staff and have access to an individualised development programme based upon their needs.
Coventry City Academy operates under the values of Respect, Development and Resilience. These traits are encouraged in all players and staff members, and the successful applicant will show a willingness to embrace these daily. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Have excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent ICT skills and fully conversant with Office packages
- Understand the need for flexible working hours.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all club staff members
- Be adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Display a growth mindset towards self-improvement and personal development
- Be focused on individual player development within a team
- Live within a workable distance of the football club
- Be passionate about working with and developing young people
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the HEAD OF ACADEMY MEDICAL role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application form
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form, Equal Opportunities Form and signed Self-Declaration Form to email@example.com by Friday 12th August 2022.
- Please note that interviews may be offered on receipt of application should candidate meet all essential criteria.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
- Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.