Coventry City Academy is looking to evolve its medical provision with the addition of a new physiotherapist, whose primary responsibility will be to support the development of players within the Professional Development Phase Age Group.
An overview of the role is:
- Provide evidence-based assessment and treatment including the provision of progressive rehabilitation programmes for injured players in the PDP phase.
- Assist in the management of provisions of physiotherapy cover for the academy games programme U9’s to U16’s. Including but not limited to the production of a rota, wages and equipment distribution.
- Provide pitch based emergency medical care for Academy training and PDP match days both home and away.
- Attend and contribute to weekly department and multidisciplinary meetings to further the holistic development of all professional development phase Academy players
- Work closely with the Head of Academy Physiotherapy in the provision of support for players in the U18 and U23 squads
- Support the provision of medical services to the Academy schoolboy age groups on a weekly basis
- Produce a weekly injury report for U18 age groups to allow for squad selection and planning
- Assist in the development, organisation and implementation of physiotherapy screening, testing and injury prevention activities within the academy.
- Contribute to the continued professional development program within the Academy SSM department.
- Ensure all medical records, clinical notes and paper documentation are maintained on PMA in line with HCPC and CSP guidelines at all times.
- Assist the medical team with administration obligations, injury analysis and audits when required.
- Work collaboratively with the wider academy multidisciplinary team, contributing towards an integrated approach to deliver provisions for academy players. This includes but is not limited to the development of academy medical processes, KPI reviews, and rehabilitation provisions.
- Attend any mandatory training delivered by Coventry City Academy at the request of the Academy Manager.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required by the Academy Manager or Head of Academy Physiotherapy.
- Safeguarding and Welfare is the responsibility of all Academy staff members. Ensure and support the welfare of all Academy players on a daily basis.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Coventry City Academy operates under the value of Respect, Development and Resilience. These traits are encouraged in all players and staff members, and the successful applicant will show a willingness to embrace these daily. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent ICT skills and fully conversant with Office packages
- Understand the need for flexible working hours
- Be able to communicate effectively with all club staff members
- Be adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Display a growth mindset towards self-improvement and personal development
- Be focused on individual player development within a team
- Live within a workable distance of the football club
- Be passionate about working with and developing young people
Coventry City FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Senior Academy Physiotherapist role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application form
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form, Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form and signed Self-Declaration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 1st February 2022.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
- Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.