As well as impressing on the field, the Academy scholarship group 2021 have also been achieving educationally.
While the football development of each player is obviously important, making sure that they continue their education is also vital and a focus of the Academy.
The 2021 scholarship group have impressed in this regard, achieving the following:
- 100% of players achieved at or above their original target grade for BTEC Level 3 in Sport (Performance and Excellence)
- 54% Finished with a Triple Distinction (x6 D*D*D* x1 D*D*D) Extended Diploma in Sport (equivalent to 3 A-Levels & 168 UCAS Points)
- 31 % Achieved a BTEC Diploma (equivalent to 2 A-Levels)
- 15 % Achieved a Subsidiary Diploma
- 6 pro contracts for players upon completion of education at the Football Club
- US Scholarships in Florida and New Jersey
- University Degrees
- Coaching Roles Externally & Internally
- 77% Achieved FA LEVEL 2 Coaching Badge with PFA
- 100 % Achieved NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Achieving Excellence in Sports Performance
Head of Education Jay Groocock said the following:
"These results I believe are some of the best academic results the club have received in recent years.
"I am so proud of all the players that were part of this cohort and wish them the very best with their future endeavours.
"I am aware of other clubs with far larger academic resources than ours that didn’t see as high results than this cohort, this is a huge achievement and something we are very proud of at the football club."