Coventry City Academy is looking to enhance its coaching provision with the creation of a new part time position working in the Professional Development Phase with the U17 to U23 players.
Acting as a role model for the players within the phase, the successful applicant will deliver and support on field coaching sessions, focussing on individual player development as well as supporting staff on PDP match days. The role requires some flexibility, with the majority of sessions taking place in mornings.
The successful applicant will be supported by the Academy Head of Coaching, have access to the full Academy CPD program and receive a bespoke development plan to help their development as a practitioner.
- UEFA B Licence
- Experience playing or working in the Professional Development Phase
- FA Youth Award
- EFAiF First Aid
- FA Safeguarding Children Certificate (In Date)
Nice To Haves:
- UEFA A Licence (Or Working Towards)
- FA Advanced Youth Award (U17-23)
- Experience as a professional footballer
Coventry City Academy operates under the values of Respect, Development and Resilience. These traits are encouraged in all players and staff members, and the successful applicant will show a willingness to embrace these daily. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Have excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent ICT skills and fully conversant with Office packages
- Understand the need for flexible working hours.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all club staff members
- Be adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Display a growth mindset towards self-improvement and personal development
- Be focused on individual player development within a team
- Live within a workable distance of the football club
- Be passionate about working with and developing young people
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. The Club is a signatory to the FA Leadership Diversity Code.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PHASE SUPPORT COACH (PART TIME) role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application form
- If you would like to discuss the role - please contact Academy Manager, Dan Bolas on email@example.com to arrange an informal chat.
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form, Equal Opportunities Form and signed Self-Declaration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 1st November 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
- Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.