Coventry City Academy is looking to evolve its academic provision with the addition of a new Part Time Academy Tutor with QTLS Status to teach two 1 hour sessions a week.
The Part Time Tutor’s primary responsibility will be to support the academic development of players on the Club’s Day Release programme with an emphasis on Mathematics and English Language.
An overview of the role is:
- Oversee the teaching of two 1 hour day release education lessons that’s predominant focus is Mathematics and English Language development from 4pm-5pm two days a week.
- Be responsible for the data input in relation to the clubs Data Grab collections
- Contribute to the writing of academic targets for FP/YDP players
- Maintenance of academic target progress for performance reviews
- Provide occasional cover on the day release programme when needed by Head of Education & Welfare (HOEW)
- Attend and contribute to monthly department meetings to further the academic development of all players on the clubs day release programme
- Provide a weekly update to the HOEW on the players academic progress
- Assist the HOEW with administration obligations of the department
- Work collaboratively with the wider academy multidisciplinary team, contributing towards an integrated approach to deliver provisions for academy players.
- Attend any mandatory training delivered by Coventry City Academy at the request of the Academy Manager and HOEW
- Attend school meetings at the request of the HOEW on behalf of the football club
- Any other reasonable tasks as required by the Academy Manager or Head of Education
- Safeguarding and Welfare is the responsibility of all Academy staff members. Ensure and support the welfare of all Academy players on a daily basis.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
NICE TO HAVE
PGCE Secondary English or Maths
Experience Working in Academy
Experience teaching Maths or English
Local to Coventry
Firm Knowledge of Progress 8
Coventry City Academy operates under the values of Respect, Development and Resilience. These traits are encouraged in all players and staff members, and the successful applicant will show a willingness to embrace these daily. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Have excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent ICT skills and fully conversant with Office packages
- Understand the need for flexible working hours.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all club staff members
- Be adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Display a growth mindset towards self-improvement and personal development
- Live within a workable distance of the football club
- Be passionate about working with and developing young people
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. The Club is a signatory to the FA Leadership Diversity Code. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the Part Time Academy Tutor role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application form
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form, Equal Opportunities Form and signed Self-Declaration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 27th October 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
- Incomplete applications, and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role, will not be considered.