Due to internal promotion, Coventry City Academy is looking to recruit a new age group coach in the Foundation Phase (Under 9 to Under 11).
The successful applicant will be a reliable, committed individual who will be responsible for the delivery of the Coventry City Academy syllabus and individual player development on a weekly basis, as well as working with the team in the Sunday Academy games program.
Joining an established coaching team, they will work closely with the Lead Foundation Phase Coach in the planning and reviewing of training sessions, using the PMA system to log information and provide written player feedback and ensure all players are supported working towards their individual learning plan.
The successful applicant will receive a personal staff development plan to support their own learning, have access to a range of formal CPD opportunities throughout the season and provided with support on their coaching from the club’s Academy Head of Coaching.
UEFA B Licence
FA Youth Award (Or Equivalent)
FA Safeguarding Children Certfifcate (In Date)
FA Basic First Aid In Sport (In Date)
Experience working with young
people (Ideally Primary School Age)
Nice To Haves
Experience working in Academy Football (Foundation Phase)
FA Advanced Youth Award
Coventry City Academy operates under the values of Respect, Development and Resilience. These traits are encouraged in all players and staff members, and the successful applicant will show a willingness to embrace these daily. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Have excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Understand the need for flexible working hours.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all club staff members
- Be adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Display a growth mindset towards self-improvement and personal development
- Be focused on individual player development within a team
- Live within a workable distance of the football club
- Be passionate about working with and developing young people
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. The Club is a signatory to the FA Leadership Diversity Code.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Part Time Age Group Coach (Foundation Phase) role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application form
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form, Equal Opportunities Form and signed Self-Declaration Form to email@example.com by Monday 1st November 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
- Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.