Sky Blues in the Community have a Sustainable Development Assistant position as part of the Government’s Kickstart Scheme.
The Kickstart Scheme will provide 6-month job placements to 16-24 year olds, who are claiming Universal Credit, and are at risk of long term unemployment. The placement will be for a minimum of 25 hours a week paid at the national minimum wage level. This role will be in the form of a work placement, with the aim to help young people build up their skills and experience levels, and be a stepping stone into further employment.
The Sustainable Development Assistant will have an opportunity to have a positive impact and contribute to Sky Blues in the Community’s commitment to Environmental Sustainability by promoting effective sustainability initiatives within Sky Blues in the Community and local community.
This role will include:
- Assist in organising social media campaigns to promote key messages, goals and milestones to fans, the local community and wider audience.
- To help educate the Coventry City Football Club fan base, Sky Blues in the Community programme participants and local community through different campaigns and activities around single use plastics and sustainable food choices, biodiversity and pollinators.
- Contribute your thoughts and opinions to internal campaigns and challenges that encourage staff to improve environmental impact.
- Help analyse energy and water consumption of Sky Blues in the Community’s to determine baseline and track progress. Review single use plastics baseline in Sky Blues in the Community’s and that of the Sky Blues in the Community’s supply chain.
- Research and monitor levels of Sky Blues in the Community’s staff travel to face to face meetings versus online meetings.
- Discuss with staff the ways to identify how we reduce energy consumption.
- Engage and inform staff of their own environmental impacts and ways to reduce them. Prepare and design engaging materials/displays that remind staff of their responsibilities, office posters, pc screen savers, email footers, office supply materials (pens, mouse mats, key rings)
- Attend meetings, report on progress and share experiences and good practice with other kickstart sustainable development officers across the Sky Blues in the Community’s network.
- Liaise with colleagues in Coventry City Football Club’s as to how their actions can positively contribute to the ‘Green Code’ accreditation.
- Assist with the preparation of documents of the agreed Sky Blues in the Community’s goals to improve environmental impact.
- Provide administrative support to the Sky Blues in the Community’s Senior Management Team, Line Manager and Head of Community for the production of sustainable development policies and other associated tasks.
Qualifications & Skills
- An enthusiastic attitude/keen interest towards environmental sustainability
- Good level of ICT literacy with knowledge of Microsoft packages e.g., word, excel and outlook.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail • An ability to provide an excellent level of customer service to all customers.
- Good telephone manner • Ability to send and receive emails.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written • Ability to develop good working relationships with staff and partners.
- Able to work within flexi-hours.
- To have due regard for safeguarding and child protection policies, including the welfare of children and young people
- All new employees are subject to DBS checks, with our safeguarding officer.
- A willingness to learn and develop as an individual, through CPD (essential)
- A passion for the work of Sky Blues in the Community and CCFC (essential)
- Access to a vehicle (full driving license) (desirable)
Hours Per Week: 25
Working Pattern: Working days can be flexible, it is expected that there will be the opportunity for remote working.
Hourly Rate of Pay: National Minimum Wage
Kickstart participants will receive the same level of support as any other member of staff at Sky Blues in the Community. This will include:
- Weekly meetings with the Kickstart Manager, looking at areas the individual will want to develop and improve.
- CPD undertaken as a mandatory element, including Safeguarding, but also awards and qualifications linked to the sector
- Appraisal after 3 months
- Employability skills and job readiness coaching
- Mentor sessions
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to obtain ‘Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness’ level 2 qualification from ‘The Green Britain Academy’ delivered in a 3 week block at the beginning of 6 month kickstart placement.
How To Apply:
CV and covering letter to Sam Flatley (NCS/Education Manager) Sam.email@example.com
Anticipated Start Date: W/C 10th January 2022, subject to references and DBS checks.