THIS VACANCY IS NOW CLOSED
Job Title: Supporter Services Officer
Location: Sky Blue Lodge, Ryton on Dunsmore
Reporting to: Head of Marketing & Communications
Hours of work: Full time - 35 hours (including home matchdays)
Salary: £25,000 p/a
Application Deadline: 19th November 2021
Coventry City Football Club is seeking to appoint a Supporter Services Officer based at the Ryton Training Ground.
You will be the first point of contact for supporters requiring personal contact with the Club. This will include home matchdays and therefore flexibility is required.
You will be key in ensuring that all fans have a positive experience as a supporter when communicating with the Club.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Monitoring and processing emails received by the Club with questions, concerns or complaints from supporters, dealing with them personally or ensuring these are passed on to the relevant team when appropriate;
- Monitoring fan forums, social media and other digital channels to identify issues raised by supporters and flag these to colleagues as necessary;
- Providing the core liaison function on matchdays for all feedback, comments, questions and complaints in relation to the supporters’ experience;
- Where necessary, investigating and resolving issues or queries raised by supporters, keeping accurate records of any discussions, and correspondence;
- Liaising on a routine basis with colleagues from other departments to discuss and act on issues, complaints and trends identified through the various supporter channels, and improve the management of the Club’s responses;
- Ensuring that any sections of the Club website relevant to these supporter experiences are updated as appropriate;
- Processing applications to become an Affiliated Supporters’ Club; promoting frequent events for the clubs, responding to their queries, offering support
- Act as the Club’s Supporter Liaison Officer
- Act at the Club’s Disabled Supporter Liaison Officer
- Continually monitor and evaluate the supporter experience, on matchdays and non-matchdays, to look for areas of improvement;
- Manage supporter service related inboxes;
- To produce the Club’s Customer Charter each season in line with EFL guidelines;
- To co-ordinate and manage all supporter forums on a quarterly basis;
- To record and manage all external signed merchandise/letter requests;
- Such additional tasks which may fall within the remit of the role.
- Previous experience in a customer service-related role
- Excellent level of literacy
- Excellent IT skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, SharePoint)
- Full driving licence and own transport
- Previous experience in football/sport industry
Particular aptitude/skills required
- Confident communicator, both written and oral
- Willing to work as part of a team and on own initiative when required
- Must be trustworthy and reliable.
- Can manage own time effectively
- A strong work ethic and ability to work calmly under pressure
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. We work in accordance with the EFL’s Code of Practice and are signatories to the FA’s Football Leadership Diversity Code.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Supporter Services Officer role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application form
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form, Equal Opportunities Form and signed Self-Declaration Form to HR@ccfc.co.uk by 19th November 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.
We do not accept CVs and all applications must be submitted on the Application forms provided.
We do not accept applications from 3rd party sites or agencies.