Coventry City Academy are excited to be able to offer the rare opportunity to join the medical team as a part time Academy Doctor.
Working closely with the Club Doctor and Head of Academy Physiotherapy at the football club, the successful applicant will work with the Head of Academy Physiotherapy to provide match day medical cover to the professional development phase, as well as support of the medical screening and management process within the academy.
The role will assist the medical department in the development of the academy’s emergency action plan, specialist review of injured academy players and provide support to physiotherapy staff with cardiac screening and medical issues within the schoolboy age groups.
The successful applicant will receive a personal staff development plan to support their own learning, have access to a range of formal and informal CPD opportunities throughout the season and be provided with support from the Club Doctor and Head of Academy Physiotherapy.
- Fully registered with the GMC
- ATMMiF (of an FA approved equivalent)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Full DBS
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience working in Academy Football
- Knowledge of the EPPP
- Diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine (or and equivalent or higher professional qualification)
Coventry City Academy operates under the values of Respect, Development and Resilience. These traits are encouraged in all players and staff members, and the successful applicant will show a willingness to embrace these daily. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Have excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Understand the need for flexible working hours.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all club staff members
- Be adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Display a growth mindset towards self-improvement and personal development
- Be focused on individual player development within a team
- Live within a workable distance of the football club
- Be passionate about working with and developing young people
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. The Club is a signatory to the FA Leadership Diversity Code.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Academy Doctor role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application form
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form, signed Self-Declaration Form and Equal Opportunities form to HR@ccfc.co.uk by Wednesday 1st December 2021.
- The club reserves the right to close interview candidates before the advertised closing date.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
- Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.