Job Title: FIRST TEAM COACH
Location: Sky Blue Lodge Training Ground, Ryton on Dunsmore
Reporting to: First Team Manager
Hours of work: Full time (including evening, weekend and bank holiday working)
Application Deadline: Friday 28th May 2021
Coventry City Football Club is seeking a First Team Coach to work full time at the Club’s Training Ground facility to expand its First Team coaching team.
The role is an excellent opportunity to be part of a highly motivated staff at a Championship Club, to play a significant role in the development of player, self and Club.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to continue to develop the first team players and players from the Club’s successful Academy.
Working with the Football Department, you would work with the Club’s First Team, First Team Manager, Assistant Manager and Coaching Staff.
Flexibility is required for this role as the candidate will be required to work occasional evenings and at weekends, in line with the Club’s first team fixtures.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- To work in collaboration with the First Team Manager and Assistant Manager daily, to help plan, prepare and deliver detailed coaching sessions in line with the Club’s philosophy.
- To liaise with the Manager and Assistant Manager to help plan, prepare and deliver detailed individual plans and sessions.
- To lead Set Plays Planning/Preparation and delivery meetings to groups or individuals on and off the field, as deemed fit by the Manager.
- Assist with:
- Player feedback
- Goal setting
- Individual plans
- Position specific drill, design, and delivery
- Design and deliver team sessions with specific outcomes (fitness, technical, tactical etc)
- Match day duties to include but not limited to:
- Tactical and technical information and feedback given to players in support of the Manager and Senior staff.
- Be part of the senior staff group led by the Manager, observing opposition teams and players to prepare for upcoming matches.
- Be prepared to work flexible hours and adapt to changes in schedule and the needs of the team.
- Attend relevant staff meetings.
- To complete any other reasonable requests by First Team Manager, Assistant Manager, and the CEO.
- A current Pro-Licence
- Worked within a Cat 1 Academy
- Has a record of player development
- Has a record or working with senior players
- Evidence of continual professional development
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience of working in professional sport
- Strength in time management, administrative ability, organisation, planning and ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify and solve problems
- Excellent leadership and personnel management skills
- The ability to communicate concisely, assertively and effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work flexibly including evenings, weekends and on bank holidays
- Ability to prioritise between conflicting demands
- A former Football League (or equivalent) player
- Willing to work as part of a team and on own initiative when required
- Must be trustworthy and reliable.
- Clean Driving License and over the age of 25
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- Can manage own time effectively
- A strong work ethic.
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. Coventry City has signed up to the FA Leadership and Diversity Code.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the First Team Coach role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application Form
- Please send a Covering Letter, your completed Application Form, signed Self Declaration Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to HR@ccfc.co.uk by Friday 28th May 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
- Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role, and those received after the deadline, will not be considered.