Coventry City Academy is looking to continue to develop its Academy medical department by recruiting new part time academy therapists to work primarily within the Foundation Phase and Youth Development Phase (Under 9 to Under 16).
The successful candidates will be required to work in accordance with the Club’s Category Two status, whilst working within the Academy values.
The individuals will be required to have Sunday and midweek availability to cover 2-4 shifts per month under a Casual Part-Time Contract.
The roles are positioned within a progressive medical department looking to continually evolve and develop practitioners individually and as a department tasked with contributing to the physical and psychological development of elite young football players.
The successful applicants will receive a personal staff development plan to support their own learning, have access to a range of formal CPD opportunities throughout the season and provided with support on their practice from the Club’s Head of Academy Physiotherapy.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy or Sports Therapy Equivalent
- Member of CSP and HCPC
- Valid ITMMiF Qualification
- Valid FA Safeguarding Certificate
- Previous experience working in elite sport environment
- Previous experience working with young people
Coventry City Academy operates under the values of Respect, Development and Resilience. These traits are encouraged in all players and staff members, and the successful applicant will show a willingness to embrace these daily. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Have excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Understand the need for flexible working hours.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all Club staff members
- Be adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Display a growth mindset towards self-improvement and personal development
- Be focused on individual player development within a team
- Live within a workable distance of the football club
- Be passionate about working with and developing young people
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development, and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Part Time Age Academy Therapist role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application form
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form, signed Self-Declaration and Equal Opportunities Forms to HR@ccfc.co.uk by 5.00pm on Monday 14th June 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.