Job Title: Match Day Steward (Casual Contract)
Location: Ricoh Arena (Coventry Building Society Arena)
Reporting to: Safety Officer
Hours of work: Home match days including evening, weekend and Bank Holidays
Application Closing Date: 30th June 2021
Coventry City Football Club is looking to recruit Match Day Stewards to work on home match days throughout the stadium (inside and outside). There are a number of positions available.
Reporting to the Safety Officer, the successful candidate will work in a team of staff and ideally have some experience of working in a safety role previously.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
CONDUCT & COMPETANCIES:
To take an active role to ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, the provision of the reasonable care, safety, security and customer service to everyone attending Coventry City matches at Ricoh Arena (Coventry Building Society Arena), Coventry in accordance with the General Safety Certificate terms and conditions and the Club Spectator Safety Policy. This includes the safety and security of match day officials and players and those attending on a match day.
- Will report directly to the Steward Supervisor in charge of the area to which the Safety Steward is allocated for duty.
- Will observe the highest standards of Health & Safety and not do anything to prejudice the health and safety of himself/herself or any Club employee or visitor.
- Will attend all training sessions as required and achieve a Level 2 NVQ in Spectator Safety.
- Will attend the Stadium at given dates and times as directed by the Chief Steward.
- Maintain a smart in appearance and abide by the Club’s dress code, wear the issue personal protective clothing and be in possession of the Club Steward Safety Handbook.
- Will attend pre and post-match briefing/debriefing sessions and ensure all information is understood.
- Will be responsible for the safety, security, comfort and service to spectators within their designated area of duty and in so doing enforce when necessary, the Ground Regulations.
- Assist in relevant area searches to identify any Stadium defect or anything likely to cause injury or harm to spectators and advise their Steward Supervisor of the result.
Safety Stewards must take their duties seriously – never be complacent and remember that the safety of spectators is paramount. Safety Stewards are paid to carry out a specific duty and are not employed to watch the event.
Safety Stewards will be courteous at all times to spectators and direct them to their allotted seats, keeping gangways, entrances and emergency exits clear at all times.
Safety Stewards are expected to always maintain constant vigilance whilst on duty for anything likely to prejudice spectator safety and notify a Supervisor or the Control Room of any such incident as per your training.
- Must adhere to the highest standards of health and safety in the course of the role
- Willing to learn and ability to interact positively with colleagues and fans
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Must be trustworthy and reliable.
- A strong work ethic.
Only candidates over 18 will be considered.
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check and the receipt of satisfactory references are a requirement of the role.
This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and checks against the Barred Lists and is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the requirements of the role
- Please send a Covering Letter (or email) setting out your experience and why you would like to be a Match Day Steward, and a CV highlighting any relevant qualifications, along with the completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to HR@ccfc.co.uk by Wednesday 30th June 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.