Job Title: Lead U16 - U20 Recruitment Co-ordinator
Location: Home Based - Role will require travel
Reporting to: Head of Recruitment
Hours of work: Full Time (Flexible)
Coventry City Football Club are looking to recruit a committed, hard working individual to fulfil the exciting new role of Lead U16-U20 Recruitment Co-ordinator.
Working closely with the club’s Head of Recruitment and Academy Manager, the role will be assist the recruitment process in identifying emerging talents across the 16-20 age groups, allowing Coventry City to identify and recruit players that will play a major role in the success of our teams. The key duties of the role will include:
- A clear understanding of the Club Culture, Philosophy, Club Operations Document, Academy Performance Plan and requirement of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).
- Gain a detailed understanding of players currently in the CCFC System, to determine player opportunities for progression and complete succession plans, highlighting recruitment priorities.
- Identification of players to CCFC academy in line with the player profiles.
- Communicate effectively with the Head of Recruitment, Academy Manager on identified players.
- Prepare detailed player reports as part of a stringent process to support the successful signing of identified players.
- Develop and maintain a database of player details at all required levels through appropriate mechanisms of reporting.
- Further development of the scouting infrastructure to ensure appropriate coverage of UK and European leagues.
- Be an ambassador of the CCFC Culture and philosophy.
- Attend any mandatory training delivered by Coventry City Academy at the request of the Head of Recruitment or Academy Manager.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required by the Head of Recruitment or Academy Manager
- Safeguarding and Welfare is the responsibility of all Academy staff members. Ensure and support the welfare of all Academy players on a daily basis
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRMENTS:
- Previous experience in a similar role in an Academy environment.
- Fully enhanced DBS Check
- Up to Date Safeguarding Children
- Full Driving License
Nice to Haves
- FA Talent Identification Award (Level 3 or Higher)
Coventry City Academy operates under the values of Respect, Development and Resilience. These traits are encouraged in all players and staff members, and the successful applicant will show a willingness to embrace these daily. In addition, the successful candidate will: -
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Have excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent ICT skills and fully conversant with Office packages
- Understand the need for flexible working hours.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all club staff members
- Be adaptable to work to the demands of the job
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. The Club has signed up to the Football Leadership Diversity Code.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Lead U16-U20 Recruitment Coordinator role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application form
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form, a signed Self-Declaration Form and equal opportunities form to HR@ccfc.co.uk by Monday 11th January 2021
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
- Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.
Applications submitted via 3rd party sites will not be considered.