Coventry City Academy is looking to continue to develop its recruitment network with the appointment of a regional scout, focused on identifying players in the Birmingham area.
The role will include attending grassroots, district and schools football fixtures on a weekly basis, as well as co-ordinating a small team of local scouts to ensure coverage of a variety of leagues and teams.
Working closely with the Academy’s Head of Recruitment, the successful applicant will receive staff development towards identifying players suitable for enhancing the currently squads within the Academy programme, with a primary focus being in the U9-U15 age groups.
This position is a part time, paid position that requires working evening and weekend hours, as well as being able to attend Coventry City Academy training sessions periodically throughout the season.
Coventry City Academy operates under the values of Respect, Development and Resilience.
These traits are encouraged in all players and staff members, and the successful applicant will show a willingness to embrace these daily. In addition, the successful candidate will: -
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Have excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Understand the need for flexible working hours.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all club staff members
- Be adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Display a growth mindset towards self-improvement and personal development
- Live within a workable distance of the football club
- Be passionate about working with and developing young people
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Regional Part Time Scout - Birmingham Area role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application form
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form, Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form and signed Self-Declaration Form to email@example.com by Friday 31st December 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
- Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.