Starting tonight, fans attending Coventry City’s fixtures at the Coventry Building Society Arena will need to show a ‘COVID Pass’ to enter the stadium until further notice, or proof of a negative lateral flow test.
The Government’s Plan B protocols in response to COVID-19 cases, in particular the new Omicron variant, are now in place, starting from tonight's game against Millwall.
Fans aged 18 or over must show a ‘COVID Pass’ or alternatively proof of a negative lateral flow test to enter the Arena.
We will not be be allowed to admit you into the stadium without one of these.
Supporters will also be required to wear face masks in all indoor areas of the stadium, including the concourses, unless aged Under 11.
Fans are encouraged to arrive at least 1 hour before kick-off to help with this and ensure they are in the stadium before kick-off. The EFL have advised that kick-offs will not be delayed.
To view our updated COVID-19 Supporters Code of Conduct, please click here.
Further details are shown below.
COVID Pass - Double Vaccinated Supporters
Proof of COVID vaccination status must be presented to the COVID Support Team, who will be easily identifiable as you approach your entrance, in the following ways:
- A digital solution such as the NHS COVID pass or an EU equivalent. Please note that this will need to be updated every 30 days.*
- A paper certificate of double vaccination.
For more information on how to obtain your COVID pass, including paper certificate if required, please visit: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/
For details on how to download a digital COVID pass, please visit: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/get-digital-covid-pass/
We recommend that this is downloaded or added to your wallet prior to arriving at the Arena, so that checking of passes and entry is as quick as possible.
* If you have not confirmed your ID on the NHS app, this will only be valid for 2 days.
No COVID Pass - Supporters not yet vaccinated or not yet double vaccinated
Fans who are not yet double vaccinated must show proof of a negative lateral flow test result – this includes supporters who are not able to be vaccinated for medical reasons.
This can be by text or email, with the test having been done within 48 hours of kick-off – ideally within 12 hours. Do not bring the physical test unit with you, just the text/e-mail. To obtain tests, please click here. To register your test, click here.
It is now the law that supporters wear a face mask within all indoor areas of the stadium – this includes concourses.
Fans are allowed to remove their face mask when eating or drinking.
Under 11s are exempt from wearing face masks.
To Be Prepared, we are advising supporters to:
- Check the Club’s latest COVID-19 guidance in advance of matchday and our COVID Supporters Code of Conduct
- Ensure you have a valid form of COVID certification in your possession before you leave for the ground or you will not be permitted entry.
- The best form of Certification is the COVID pass. You can download the COVID digital pass using the designated NHS App or to your wallet or camera roll in case there is no signal.
- Bring your original printed NHS COVID Pass on the day of the fixture if you are unable to use the digital version.
- A negative Lateral Flow test result will be permissible should you be unable to provide a COVID pass
- Make sure your passes are easily accessible to ensure efficiency and speed of access when approaching the turnstiles.
Please note that we expect that there will be queues as COVID Passes, or negative tests, are checked on entry – we appreciate the co-operation of fans in working with us to adhere to these new requirements and for your patience.