Coventry City fans attending our Boxing Day away game against Cardiff City will require a valid COVID pass to gain access to the game, in line with Welsh Government requirements.
This will also apply for the away game against Swansea City on Saturday 5th March.
It is a Welsh Government requirement for any football supporter aged 18 or over travelling to watch their team play to present a valid COVID pass as they enter the stadium.
Coventry City will visit Cardiff City on Sunday 26th December and supporters are strongly advised to familiarise themselves with all the key information in advance of the fixture.
Ticket information for the game will be confirmed in due course.
Proof of COVID status may be presented to stadium support staff in the following ways:
- A digital solution such as the NHS COVID pass or an EU equivalent (click here for information on how to obtain the NHS COVID pass): please note that this will need to be updated every 30 days.
- A digital or paper certificate of double vaccination.
- Proof of a negative lateral flow test (LFT) result by text or email (within 24 hours of kick-off): do not bring the physical test unit with you (click here to obtain tests).
- Confirmation of immunity. This can be proven by medical certificate if the person endeavouring to gain access has recovered from COVID no sooner than 14 days and no longer than 6 months prior to the date of the fixture.
Accordingly, the following additional entry procedures will apply:
- An outer security perimeter will be constructed from portable fencing at each of the entry gates.
- Each outer security perimeter will have two entry points, each staffed by two stewards, thus creating four entry lanes.
- At the entry lanes, spectators will show their COVID status in the prescribed format for visual inspection by the stewards.
- Spectators will then move forward to the inner security perimeter, namely the search lines in front of the turnstile blocks.
This is a legal requirement by the Welsh Government, and failure to provide this proof of COVID status will lead to supporters not being admitted to the stadium.
Please note that Under 18s do not need to provide evidence for entry.
Please refer to the Cardiff City COVID Pass Information above for all queries regarding access to the stadium and the COVID pass operation/requirements.