Coventry City has a unique opportunity for an individual to join the Strength & Conditioning team at the First Team Training Ground as part of the Government’s Kickstart Scheme.
To apply, you must be eligible for the Government’s Kickstart Scheme: you will be aged 18-24 and currently in receipt of Universal Credit.
Hours of work: 25 hours a week (hours variable due to first team playing schedule)
Working closely with the Head of Strength & Conditioning and the sports science team, the successful applicant will gain a range of experiences in the world of football.
There will be numerous opportunities in the role for personal and professional development, with support towards relevant qualifications in football provided.
An exciting opportunity to join the Sport Science team at Coventry City Football Club.
- Report daily to the Head of Sports Science and contribute to the departmental meetings.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team alongside coaching, medical and support staff to provide an integrated approach to player development and maximise overall performance.
- Design, implement and deliver/assist group and individualised activation programmes for all players prior to pitch-based sessions.
- Work closely with the medical staff in the gym-based rehabilitation and return to play process of injured players.
- Develop and assist with the delivery of the gym-based programmes for groups and individuals.
- Effectively record and monitor gym-based training loads and liaise with the Sport Scientist to combine with pitch-based training loads. Produce relevant daily reports to the Head of Sports Science, players, and coaching staff that detail loads and training status of the players.
- Assist with the day-to-day delivery of sports science/strength & conditioning support to all first team players and U23s, as required.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Rehabilitation, Sport Science or Strength & Conditioning
- Knowledge of data monitoring/analysis and show evidence of previous effective work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build trust and relationships
- Ability to work individually and as a part of a team
- Positive attitude with confidence and knowledge to add value to the department
- Master’s degree in Sport Science or Strength & Conditioning
- Hold or be working towards UKSCA/NSCA/ASCA/BASES accreditation
- FA Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAIF) or higher
- Previous experience of working in a Professional Team Sports environment
The individual will be provided with a Personal Development Plan within their role to help support their development towards UKSCA accreditation.
The individual will be mentored by highly qualified and experienced staff.
The individual will be trained and supervised on a range of industry methods, equipment and practices (e.g. rehabilitation, monitoring & coaching).
The individual will gain invaluable experience working in a professional football club environment.
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. We work in accordance with the EFL’s Code of Practice and are signatories to the FA’s Football Leadership Diversity Code.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Strength & Conditioning Coach role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role.
- Please contact your local Job Centre and speak to your Work Coach. The Job Reference is ‘Ryton’ and the post code is CV8 3FL.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
- Only candidates who meet the Government’s eligibility criteria for Kickstart will be considered.
As soon as a suitable candidate is interviewed the position will be closed to further applicants, so you are advised to apply as soon as possible.
ABOUT THE KICKSTART SCHEME:
The Kickstart Scheme is a new programme launched by the Government to fund new job roles for 16-24 years olds who are currently in receipt of Universal Credit.
The programme is aimed at preventing young people who are currently unemployed facing long term unemployment. The roles at Coventry City Football Club are for applicants aged 18-24 only.
You must be in receipt of Universal Credit and meet the Job Centre eligibility requirements. Applications received from applicants outside the age group states, who do not meet the Kickstart Schemes’ eligibility requirements will not be considered.