Coventry City Football Club is looking to recruit permanent and temporary accommodation providers, both for young professional football apprentices and potential trialists within the local area.
Lodgings should provide good quality accommodation within the Coventry area and be within a reasonable distance to the Academy training ground.
Homes must provide a safe and preferably, family setting for the apprentices to live during their weekly training schedule.
The role will require residential accommodation from Sunday evening until Saturday morning each week during the football season (usually from the last week in June until first week in May) and will require the accommodation provider to provide high quality, nutritional breakfasts and a cooked evening meal each day. Scholars leave on a Saturday morning to visit home and return on a Sunday evening.
Alternatively, we are looking for host accommodation for 2-3 day/evenings per week for Academy trialists.
Coventry City Football Club and the League Football Education (LFE) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all accommodation providers to share this commitment.
Remuneration: £100 per player, per week plus two Coventry City Season Tickets. Where accommodation is provided for less than a week, remuneration will be dependent upon the number of days you have hosted the player. Trialists tend to stay 2-3 days/evenings from Wednesday or Thursday evening to Saturday morning.
Requirements of Accommodation Providers
Location: Be within a 15 minute drive of the Academy Training Ground, The Alan Higgs Centre, Allard Way, Coventry, CV3 1HW
Expectations of Accommodation providers:
- Provide morning breakfast and a hot meal in the evening
- Provide running hot and cold water, and access to electric points
- Provide clean and safe washing facilities (Bathroom, working shower/bath)
- Provide adequate bed and sleeping facilities on a sole occupancy basis (Preferably double bed for each player, but not mandatory) with a desk/desk space for study
- Provide access to clothes washing facilities, should they be required (training kit is washed at the Club)
- Comply with the Club’s Safeguarding and Welfare policies and therefore commit to the accommodation visits and checks each season
- Each member over 18 within the household will require an enhanced DBS Disclosure check before a player can be placed with them. The Club will pay for and facilitate this process.
If you are interested in becoming a host accommodation provider this season and meet these requirements, please contact our Head of Safeguarding, Sandra Garlick for more information on HR@ccfc.co.uk and to register your interest.