Job Title: CLUB CHEF
Location: Sky Blue Lodge Training Ground, Ryton on Dunsmore
Reporting to: Head of Sports Science
Hours of work: Full time (including evening and weekend work)
Application Deadline: Friday 11th September 2020
Coventry City Football Club is seeking an in-house Chef to work full time at the Club’s Training Ground facility. Working with the Sports Science and Management team you would develop nutirional performance menus and recipes of meals to be cooked daily and when required for the Club’s First Team, Development Players and Coaching Staff.
The successful applicant will be required to plan, order and deliver food of a high standard and quality that meets the nutritional needs of the players.
Flexibility is required for this role as the candidate will be required to work occasional evenings and at weekends in line with the Club’s fixtures.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- To work in collaboration with the Club’s Sports Science team to plan innovative and performance focused menus for First Team, Development players and staff.
- Create menus and recipes based on recommendations and club’s catering guidelines.
- Produce a high volume of food to a high quality at the training ground, normally two meals most days (breakfast and lunch).
- Be prepared to work flexible hours and adapt to changes in schedule and the needs of the team.
- Prepare meals to be taken away with the players and staff.
- Cater for individual dietary requirements
- Be prepared to work flexible hours and adapt to changes in schedule and needs of the team.
- Attend relevant staff meetings.
- Sourcing local high-quality produce befitting a high-performance team and keeping within budget and controlling portion sizes.
- Ensuring that high standards of cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all areas of the kitchen and canteen at all times.
- Establishing controls to minimise food and supply waste.
- To ensure equipment and food temperature readings are taken and recorded on a daily basis.
- To carry out food safety risk assessments, the food safety management system and effective controls, at identified critical points and throughout the food handling process by working closely with the Health and Safety Manager.
- To ensure food production and quality are in-line with HACCP and EHO regulations
- Maintaining and rotating appropriate stock levels with an aim to providing high standards.
- Ensuring delivery notes are checked against requisitions and any identified discrepancies are reported to the supplier.
- To ensure food standards and costs agreed and consistently achieved and maintained liaising with contacts to ensure best prices and deals available.
- To complete any other reasonable requests by the Club Secretary and Sports Science team.
- BTEC HND in Professional Cookery or BTEC HNC in Cookery or Hospitality Catering working towards a HND
- Level 3 or above Food Hygiene Certificate
- Evidence of continual professional development and a desire to increase sport nutrition knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience of working in professional sport
- Strength in time management, administrative ability, organisation, planning and ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify and solve problems
- Excellent leadership and personnel management skills
- The ability to communicate concisely, assertively and effectively and at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work flexibly including evenings and weekends
- Ability to prioritise between conflicting demands
- Degree or Diploma in Sport Nutrition
- Relevant qualification in Health & Safety
- Willing to work as part of a team and on own initiative when required
- Must be trustworthy and reliable.
- Clean Driving License and over the age of 25
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- Can manage own time effectively
- Worked within football previously
- A strong work ethic.
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- To apply for the Club Chef role, please send a covering letter, completed Application Form and signed Self Declaration to email@example.com by Friday 11th September 2020.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview w/c 13th September 2020.
- Interviews will be held at Sky Blue Lodge, Ryton on Dunsmore.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those candidates whose application meets the criteria for the role and is shortlisted for interview.