Run for a reason, run for the Jimmy Hill Legacy Fund at this April’s Coventry 5K and get a free space in the race!
On Sunday 5th April, the Coventry 5K will return as part of the Festival of Running and Sky Blues in the Community have a number of FREE spaces available to runners who are willing to represent the Sky Blues and JHLF.
You will receive a FREE SBitC event t-shirt to run in, plus an Official Coventry 5k t-shirt to take home!
All we ask for in return is you to pledge to raise £100 in sponsorship to go towards the Jimmy Hill Legacy Fund!
The fund was originally set up in 2016 as a fundraising initiative to enable us to provide opportunities to improve the quality of life for those who need it most, in memory of the late Jimmy Hill OBE, who passed away on 19th December 2015.
Various groups and projects that have benefited from JHLF grants are:
- Castle Wood School for new playground equipment
- Coventry Sphinx Blue U15’s for new kit
- Bulkington Cricket Club to train new coaches
- Foleshill Fire Cadets to buy torches for their yard to complete their drills and training in the darker months
- Mercia Therapy Centre to fund a physiotherapy led exercise class for people with multiple sclerosis and other neurological conditions
Plus many more!
Last year the route took runners on a double loop of the town centre, taking in the historic Council House, Lady Godiva, and some of the city's few surviving medieval building before our stunning Cathedral finish.
The Race Village will have toilets, water station, cloakroom and baggage storage, spectator zone, food and refreshment zone and a recovery zone. For full information please visit: www.enjoycoventry.com
Date/time: Sun 5 April, 8:50am
Start: Jordan Well (City Centre)
Entry: FREE (£100 sponsorship)
To find out more about how you could secure a place with us, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org – Places are going fast!