Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (35 hours a week)
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Location: Sky Blue Lodge, Ryton on Dunsmore
Closing Date: Tuesday 30th June 2020
Coventry City Football Club is looking for a Full Time Payroll Administrator to support the finance function of the business with payroll and support the Head of Finance with monthly production of management accounts and other finance matters associated with the Club.
We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated, flexible and reliable.
- Producing Monthly Payroll using Frontier software (Chris 21 package), submission of monthly RTI’s and submission of the payroll BACS
- Posting of the monthly payroll journal
- Produce P60s for the business
- Perform Payroll Year End
- P11d calculation and compilation
- Supporting the business with payroll queries and information requests
- Responsible for producing relevant figures and ensuring all deadlines are met (PAYE, RTI/EPS, Payroll, P60, P11d, P45, pension payments etc)
- Payroll and Credit Card Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Produce payroll journal and post to SUN finance system
- Generate and load payslips onto e-payslips
- Pension Assessment and Contribution reports
- Update payroll and financial software with current releases
- Furlough calculations and submissions
- Assistance with monthly management accounts production
- Weekly and monthly bank reconciliations, including posting of transactions
- Shop daily bank reconciliation
- Fixed asset reconciliation and Intangible fixed asset reconciliation
- Credit control including weekly/monthly debtor listing and aged debt
- Supporting the ticketing department with the daily reconciliation of the system, ensuring any issues are followed up and resolved
- Monthly posting of ticketing revenues (from ticketing system to finance system)
- Monthly reconciliation of Ticketmaster ticketing system to finance system (control accounts)
- Reconcile ticket office, Deferred Income and credit card control
- Daily and Monthly raising and posting of Commercial revenues via invoices (from ticketing system to finance system)
- Invoice generation for loan players, Ticketmaster and other ad hoc invoices as required.
- Processing of direct debit payments for commercial debtors
- General backups and updates
- Assisting with annual statuary audit, in particular the on-site audit work and the payroll reconciliation (payroll system to finance system). Ensuring all reconciliations are fully supported with appropriate documentation
- Other tasks as may be required from time to time to support the Head of Finance, HR and other functions within the Club.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact positively with colleagues and players
- Proficient in IT skills including Office products, payroll and HMRC software;
- Full clean driving licence preferred;
- Willing to work as part of a team;
- Must be trustworthy and reliable;
- Can manage own time effectively;
- A strong work ethic.
- Very good payroll knowledge
- Knowledge of management accounts
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strength in time management
- Strong organisation skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work both as part of a team and under own initiative
- Keyboard skills, including use of Word, Excel and Outlook, financial and HMRC software
Coventry City FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Coventry City FC has strict operational protocols in place as required by the Government and the EFL (English Football League). The successful Candidate will be required to submit to an online daily health check questionnaire, temperature test and ongoing COVID-19 testing prior to working on site.
- To apply for the Payroll Administrator role, please send a covering letter and up to date CV to email@example.com by Tuesday 30th June 2020. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.
- An initial interview will be carried out online via Zoom.
- A follow up face to face interview will then take place observing the current social distancing guidelines.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.