Coventry City’s Club Shop has now been back open at the Arena Shopping Park for just under a week, following its enforced closure due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
It has been great to have supporters back in the shop again, as we return to some normality.
It is however important to remind fans of the procedures that are in place for the safety of both supporters and staff, and have been vital in ensuring that we can re-open.
Fans are required to wear a facemask in the shop, as are staff. While the Government announced on Monday this would be mandatory in shops from 24th July, we brought this in before their decision – this is for the safety of everyone in the shop.
The death rate due to Coronavirus of sales and retail assistants has been reported as being 75% higher amongst men and 60% higher amongst women than in the general population.
Unless aged under 11, fans that do not wear a mask will not be allowed entry to the Shop.
If you do not wish to adhere to these new rules, instead purchase online at ccfcstore.com - any abuse of staff or foul/abusive language directed at staff who are enforcing this rule in the Club Shop will not be tolerated.
You can bring your own suitable facemask, while CCFC face masks are available to buy at the store, plus alternatively there are several other shops at Arena Park selling facemasks – fans are not forced to buy a CCFC one if they do not wish to!
Supporters are also reminded that there is no cash and no cash payments at all in the Shop currently.
We have brought in several new procedures at the Club Shop – these have been implemented for everyone’s benefit in light of the spread of Coronavirus, and it is essential we all follow them to make sure our supporters and our staff are safe:
- Queuing system in place to enter the Arena Park Shopping Centre itself as well as the Club Shop – please wait until directed to enter the Shop
- Number of customers limited in the Shop to 3 at any one time.
- One-way system in operation in the Club Shop
- Facemasks to be worn at all times by customers and staff
- Hand sanitiser available to be used on entering and leaving the Club Shop
- Fans asked to adhere to the social distancing guidelines displayed in store and any staff instructions.
- No cash payments – cards/contactless only. Contactless payment has been increased to a £45 limit.
- Protective sneeze screens have been installed at the till point for the safety of both staff and fans.
- Fans are be asked and will be encouraged not to handle the stock unnecessarily whilst browsing
- Fans should not try items on in the shop before purchasing.
- Any returns will be placed in quarantine for 72 hours to help prevent virus spread.
- Regular cleaning in the store will take place prior to opening, after closing and regularly throughout the day, including regular touch surfaces around the shop and keypads.
We thank fans for their co-operation.
Supporters should also note the revised opening hours will apply until further notice:
Tuesday: 10am - 3pm
Wednesday: 10am - 3pm
Thursday: 10am - 3pm
Friday: 10am - 3pm
Saturday: 10am - 3pm
There is a selection of the new 2020/21 training wear items on sale that are being worn by the Sky Blues squad and coaching staff.
Also in the Club Shop is the popular new Champions merchandise range – including mugs, scarves, flags and t-shirts commemorating the Sky Blues’ League One title win – plus other new leisurewear items for the 2020/21 campaign, alongside other CCFC products.