Coventry City Academy is looking to recruit an Academy Kit and Transport Coordinator to assist in the logistical aspects of the Academy scholars and schoolboy program.
This is a temporary role for an initial period of 6 months. The role will require some evening and weekend work, with the successful applicant be willing to adopt a flexible work pattern.
An overview of the role is:
- Ensure all Match day kit for U9 -U18 age groups is clean and present ahead of the weekly fixture programs for each age group.
- Ensure the scholars training kit is clean, laundered and wrapped on a daily basis to allow for a consistent and professional look in training.
- Ensure the Academy kit room is clean, tidy and organised to allow for efficient collection and return of kit.
- Make sure all kit is printed with the correct numbers and markings on an annual basis.
- Conduct Kit audit three times a season, making sure that any missing kit is logged.
- Manage and allocate staff kit at the start of each season, and ensure supply is in place for new starters during the season.
- In co-operation with the Phase Lead Coaches, ensure all football equipment is safe and fit for purpose.
- Pick and drop off players at the Alan Higgs Centre on a daily basis based upon the weekly schedule provided by Coaching staff
- Maintenance of the Club Transport Vehicles, including regular checks against the Vehicle Checklist and completion of the Vehicle Log Books on a journey by journey basis.
- Provide supporting transport for midweek and weekend games on an ah-hoc basis.
- Delivery and transportation of food, paperwork, kit and other items between the Sky Blue Lodge, The Alan Higgs Centre and any other locations within Coventry as required.
- Meet and greet match day officials for all Academy scholar home fixtures.
- Attend any mandatory training delivered by Coventry City Academy at the request of the Academy Manager.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required by the Academy Manager or Academy Administrator
Clean, UK Driving licence DBS Check (To be provided to successful applicant by CCFC) Be over the age of 25
Nice to Haves
Experience of working with young people
Coventry City Academy operates under the values of Respect, Development and Resilience. These traits are encouraged in all players and staff members, and the successful applicant will show a willingness to embrace these daily. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Have excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Understand the need for flexible working hours.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all club staff members
- Be adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Be focused on individual player development within a team
- Live within a workable distance of the football club
- Have excellent timekeeping skills
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Academy Kit and Transport Co-ordinator role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application form
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form and signed Self-Declaration Form to email@example.com by Monday 7th September 2020.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the closing date.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.
- Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.