Job Title: Assistant Professional Development Phase Coach
Location: The Alan Higgs Centre, Allard Way, Coventry, CV3 1JP
Reporting to: Lead Professional Development Phase Coach & Academy Manager
Hours of work: Full Time
Closing Date: Friday 27th September 2019
Coventry City Football Club is seeking an Assistant Professional Development Phase Coach To deliver the Apprentice Coaching programme working alongside the Lead Professional Phase Development Coach. Taking a holistic approach to improve the technical/tactical/physical and psychological ability of 16-18 year old players to progress them into the Senior Professional Development programme and First team environment.
To link with Head of Coaching and Lead Professional Development Coach in promoting U15/16s to Youth Team and Apprentice Professional ranks.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
As a member of the Academy coaching team, the post holder will:
- Work with the Lead phase coach in the Daily delivery of coaching sessions to teams, units and individuals
- Liaise in the monitoring of the Academy U15 - U18 player progression, assisting the Head of Coaching and Academy Manager.
- Work with lead staff across all age groups U15 to U18 to identify the required collective and individual areas of technical development and skills for their specific ages.
- Assist in all areas of the Technical/Tactical/Physical/Psychological Development Programme.
- Have good knowledge of player development and use the PMA to report, evaluate and feedback to players.
- Monitor the transition of players from the Youth Development Phase to the Professional Development Phase.
- Integrate with all Academy department staff to deliver a holistic development programme for all players.
- Coach a team in the Youth Development phase age group with a part time staff member ensuring clear integration
- Undertake enhancement of specific personal qualifications and all CPD provided by the Club and regulatory bodies.
- Undertake any reasonable request made by the Academy Manager or Head of Coaching.
- FA Youth Award.
- UEFA B License ** (Please note candidates will not be considered without these 2 qualifications)
- Hold an enhanced FA DBS
- Previous experience of coaching U7-11 players in an Academy environment
- Member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
- Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS)
- Safeguarding Children
- Clean Driving License
- Working towards UEFA A License
- Experience of PMA and Hudl
- A positive attitude to Information Technology in carrying out the responsibilities of the post.
- Personal commitment to continuous personal professional development.
- Team player.
- Open minded with a view to adopting new practices.
- Highly motivated with a passion for elite sport, particularly football.
- Personal integrity and the ability to invoke trust and respect from others.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills that inspire the audience
- Collaborates across the football club to come up with new ways of working
- Ability to demonstrate good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Commercially driven and financially astute
- Experience in sales, telemarketing, appointment scheduling or cold-calling techniques
- Role models good team behaviour
- Takes full accountability for all their decisions and how they impact others]
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check and the receipt of satisfactory references are a requirement of the role.
This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and checks against the Barred Lists and is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- To apply for the Assistant Professional Development Phase Coach role, please send a covering letter and up to date CV to email@example.com by Friday 27th September
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.