Job Title: Academy Manager
Location: The Alan Higgs Centre, Coventry, CV3 1HW
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Academy Reports: Head of Coaching, Head of Recruitment, Head of Sports Science & Medicine, Head of Education & Welfare
Hours of work: Full Time including Evenings and Weekends
Application Closing Date: Friday 4th October 2019
Coventry City Football Club (the Club) is seeking an Academy Manager to oversee the operations and management of the Club’s Category 2 Academy.
The Academy Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the Academy Coaching Programme throughout the three phases of the Academy including the progression and development of all coaches within the Academy.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
Working for the Academy, the Academy Manager will be managing the programme and future development of the Academy, players and its staff. This is an important role within the club as the Club’s vision and strategy is to promote players from the local area and develop them within our environment.
You will be responsible for managing the full and part time staff within the Club’s Academy staffing structure and have responsibility for guiding the ongoing philosophy.
Conduct & Expectancies
- Management and Administration
- Managing and Leading a Multi-Disciplinary Team
- Finance and Budgets
- Identifying potential Talent
- Previous Management in Elite Sport
- Thorough understanding of the EPPP, Audit Process and the requirements of a Category 2 Academy
- Lead the Academy Management Team
- Oversee the day to day running of the Academy
- Manage the Academy budget
- Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer/Senior Professional Development phase staff to ensure a pathway for all Academy players
- Create an environment of continuous improvement to produce professional players for the Club
- Educate and lead in all areas of the Technical/Tactical/Physical/Psychological Development Programme
- Have good knowledge of player development and promote the PMA to report, evaluate and feedback to coaches
- To integrate with all Academy Department staff and to deliver a holistic development programme for all players
- Provide communication of the Academy Performance Plan across all levels of the Performance Pathway
- Ensure all Full-Time coaches input the relevant data into the Academy Performance Tool of each Academy Player’s Performance Clock accurately to measure the quality of progression and development provided to each player
- Undertake and oversee relevant Safe to Operate, standards and compliance audits to maintain Category 2 status
- Be committed and skilled to understand the needs of different age groups
- Carry out administrative duties as and when required to ensure that the programme is organised
- Produce regular reports to the Board of Directors and performance reviews
- Meet administrative duties and deadlines.
- To ensure all paperwork, session plans and registers are up to date and supplied to the Academy Administrator and Head of Recruitment for all age groups
Qualifications & CPD
- The Elite Academy Managers Programme (EAM)
- UEFA A License
- FA Youth Award
- Be committed to the Club’s CPD and make every effort to enhance personal skills and qualifications to meet the Academy needs
- Be responsible for own CPD, Coaching Qualifications and Safeguarding
- Be qualified in First Aid EFAIF (as required by the FA)
- Maintain your highest coaching licence with further progression or refresher course via the FA Coaching Pathway
- Attend the Club’s in-service training days where required
- Attend mandatory Football League/Premier League CPD days/evenings
- Keep up to date with the latest news/research regarding how best to develop players (Study Visits)
- Good communication skills and ability to interact positively with colleagues, parents and Academy Players
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Must be trustworthy and reliable.
- Clean Driving License
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- Can manage own time effectively.
- A strong work ethic.
- Ability to meet targets and set KPIs
- Strength in time management, administrative ability, organisation and customer service skills is essential
- Ability to identify opportunities and show initiative
- Confident and can influence at all levels
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work both as part of a team and under own initiative
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Manages their own development
- Keyboard skills, including use of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Worked within football previously within an Academy
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check and the receipt of satisfactory references are a requirement of the role.
This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and checks against the Barred Lists and is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- To apply for the Academy Manager role, please send a covering letter and up to date CV to email@example.com by Friday 4th October 2019.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview w/c 7th October 2019.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.