Job title: U16’s Matchday Physiotherapist
Organisation: Coventry City Football Club Academy
Salary: Home Game £40; Away Game £60
Location: The Alan Higgs Centre, Allard Way, Coventry CV3 1HW
Closing date: 27th October 2019
Interview dates: Week commencing 28th October 2019
Contract type: Part Time
Coventry City Academy has an outstanding reputation of producing professional football players. CCFC Academy possess a 'category two' classification status awarded by the FA, Premier League and English Football League. The Medical Department and staff play an integral part in physical and psychological development of elite young football players.
Coventry City Football Club Academy are looking to expand their Sport Science and Medicine Department by appointing an U16 Matchday Physiotherapist.
The role will involve travelling to both home and away for Saturday matchdays throughout the season. The opportunity is suited to a newly qualified physiotherapist looking to supplement full time commitments, gaining experience in an elite sporting environment in the process.
The successful candidate will be expected to be available for a minimum of two Saturdays a month, with the optional addition of a weekly clinic spot to develop their clinical skills.
Staff rotas are collated based on availability and planned one to two months in advance. Travel to away games and medical kit is provided.
The main duties include:
- Providing emergency first aid cover – Saturday U16 Games on a weekly basis
- Opportunity to cover evening schoolboy rehabilitation clinics
- Keeping accurate medical records using the PMA system
- Promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children within the academy
- Maintain excellent communication with staff, players and player's parents.
Essential Personal Specifications:
- member of HCPC (Physiotherapists)
- member of the CSP (Physiotherapists)
Desirable Personal Specifications:
- Possess and up to date Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football certification.
- Possess an up to date Football Association certificate in Safeguarding Children
The successful candidate(s) will be supported by other experienced Physiotherapists and will report directly to the Academy Manager and Head of Academy Physiotherapy.
CCFC’s Medical department actively supports staff development by undertaking monthly CPD and regularly partakes in University projects.
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- To apply for the role, please send a covering letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th October 2019.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview w/c 28th October 2019].
Only those candidates who hold the essential qualifications for the role will be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those are shortlisted for interview.