Job Title: Lead Youth Development Phase Coach
Location: Alan Higgs Centre, Coventry
Reporting to: Academy Manager and Head of Academy Coach Development
Hours of work: Full Time including evenings, weekends and anti-social hours
Application Closing Date: Friday 11th October 2019
Due to internal restructuring, Coventry City Football Club is seeking a Lead Youth Development Phase Coach to work as part of a team in the delivery of the 12-16 Coaching programme working alongside the Academy Manager and Head of Academy Coach Development.
- Taking a holistic approach to improve the technical/tactical/physical and psychological ability of 12-16 year-old players to progress them into the Professional Development programme.
- To link with Academy Manager, Head of Academy Coach Development and Assistant Youth Development Phase Coach in the delivery of the programme and individual Players Learning outcomes
Main Activities and Tasks
As a member of the Academy coaching team, the post holder will:
- Deliver the coaching programme with the Assistant Youth Development Phase Coach for the Youth Development Phase Age groups
- Manage the individual player Development programme with the Assistant Youth Development Phase Coach
- Communicate with, and manage part time coaches within Youth Development age groups alongside the Head of Academy Coach Development.
- Have a clear understanding of the Club Philosophy and Academy Performance Plan
- Organisation and Delivery of the YD Phase Coaching & Games Programme in line with the Technical Syllabus
- Implementing and maintaining the Premier Leagues ‘Elite Player Performance Plan’ (EPPP) rules and regulations for the Youth Development Phase.
- Monitor the transition of players from the Youth Development Phase to the Professional Development Phase.
- Integrate with all Academy department staff to deliver a holistic development programme for all players.
- Coach the U15/16 age groups/team in their games programme with the Youth Development phase with a part time staff member ensuring clear integration
- Undertake enhancement of specific personal qualifications and all CPD provided by the Club and regulatory bodies.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- FA Advanced Youth Award*
- UEFA A License*
- Hold an enhanced FA DBS
- Previous experience of coaching U12-16 players in an Academy environment
- Member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
- Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS) EFAiF
- Safeguarding Children
- Clean Driving License
- Computer Skills as PMA forms a large part of Data collection
(*Please note candidates will not be considered without these 2 qualifications)
- A positive attitude to Information Technology in carrying out the responsibilities of the post
- Personal commitment to continuous personal professional development.
- Open minded with a view to adopting new practices.
- Highly motivated with a passion for elite sport, particularly football.
- Personal integrity and the ability to invoke trust and respect from others.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact positively with colleagues, parents and Academy Players
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Must be trustworthy and reliable.
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- Can manage own time effectively.
- A strong work ethic.
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check and the receipt of satisfactory references are a requirement of the role.
This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and checks against the Barred Lists and is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- To apply for the Lead Youth Development Phase Coach role, please send a covering letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 11th October 2019.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview w/c 14th October 2019
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.