We are only a few weeks into the 2019–20 season and already there has been more success with some of Sky Blues in the Community Player Development Centre participants signing for Academies.
In total SBitC have now had 116 players signing Academy contracts since they set the initiative up back in 2010.
SBitC's aim is to help all players with them develop no matter what level that may be, but the fact they have played a part in helping so many move on to sign academy contracts is something SBitC very proud off.
Sky Blues in the Community have further players who are still on trials so they expect this number to continue to increase over the next few weeks!
Pictured (L-R) are Tobias Cousens U12 and Michael Edwards U13 who both signed for the Coventry City Academy in September 2019. Both these players started their journey on SBitC Football Camps before being invited into their Development Centre’s. They are an excellent example of where hard work can get you and fully deserve this opportunity.
Shaun Pierce – Development Centre Manager for Sky Blues in the Community - said: “I am so pleased to see them develop over the last 12 months with us, to then progress into our Academy system. They are both great lads who had a lot of very good raw attributes when they joined us and more importantly a willing attitude to want to progress further. I am looking forward to monitoring their progress over the next few years”
What are the Player Development Centres?
- The PDCs offer advanced football coaching with a technical and tactical focus for children of all footballing abilities and experiences.
- The overriding mission statement for Sky Blues in the Community Player Development Centre’s is ‘To provide high quality coaching and a positive coaching environment to support players in reaching their potential’.
More about the Player Development Centres and its success:
- Over 600 players are involved in our PDC programme every week from U6 through to U18.
- Over 500 players have had professional club Academy trials since PDCs started in 2010 – an average of 50 players a year.
- Currently 116 players have signed professional contracts with Academies – increasing every year!
- Over 50 players have played or trained with the Coventry City Academy during the 2018/19 season alone.
- Hundreds of young players every year enjoy themselves and improve their skills and personal development
To find out more about our development centres or to book a FREE taster session please email firstname.lastname@example.org .