Job Title: Academy Head of Coaching
Location: The Alan Higgs Centre, Allard Way, Coventry
Reporting to: Academy Manager
Hours of work: Anti social hours including evenings and weekends
How to Apply: Application Form and Covering Letter
Application Closing Date: Friday 6th December 2019
Coventry City Football Club is a nationally respected Category 2 Academy and this is a rare opportunity to join the leadership team of this prestigious coaching organisation as the Academy’s Head of Coaching.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Academy’s coaching function and will contribute to several management groups.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- To establish a sustainable system and approach for the development of all coaching staff across the Foundation, Youth and Professional Development phases;
- Design and manage the delivery of the in-service CPD coach education programme for all age group coaches;
- Provide a clear, up-to-date Training needs analysis (TNA) of every individual coach’s current and required level of performance;
- Ensure every coach has a personalised Development Action Plan (DAP) that is tailored to meet their individual needs;
- Develop and implement a Club Specific Coach Competency Framework (CCF) to monitor and evaluate coaches in order to develop DAPs;
- Provide 1:1 coaching, analysis and feedback to coaches in order to further develop DAPs;
- Establish and maintain standard practices and procedures for sale and effective coaching, playing and operation for all Academy squads;
- Oversee the Academy coaching programme for all age groups from U9s to Under 18s;
- To comply with and ensure the compliance of coaching and other Academy staff to the Club’s Safeguarding Policies and Procedures;
- To work within and uphold all the Academy’s policies and best practice guidelines including: Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Safer Recruitment, Equality Diversity and Inclusion Codes of Conduct;
- To attend and play an active role in regular Academy Management staff meetings, reporting on all matters relating to the role of Head of Coach Development;
- Attend Technical Board meetings to represent the Academy reporting on all matters relating to the role of Head of Coach Development;
- To maintain appropriate levels of personal CPD as outlined within the EFL Youth Development Rules and as required to retain FA Licensed coach status;
- To ensure that all relevant PMA administration is kept up to date for all coaches across the Academy;
- To contribute, adapt and help evolve the current coaching syllabus in co-ordination with the Academy Manager and Coaching staff in order to aid the progression of the Academy;
- Attend all aspects of EHOC development programme (Needs analysis, Induction, CPD and EHOC development programme);
- Attend all Premier League/ FA / Football League events alongside the Academy Manager as directed;
- Maintain an up to date record of all coaches' qualifications and license status to ensure appropriate to role;
- Build effective relationships across the multi-disciplinary teams to enhance delivery towards the coach development programme;
- To be prepared to carry out other duties to further the development of the club and Academy as and when required.
- UEFA A Licence
- FA Advanced Youth Award
- Enhanced DBS Certificate
- BFAS (current EFAiF)
- FA Safeguarding Children Qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of the EPPP process
- Elite Coach Apprentice Scheme (ECAS-The Premier League)
- Coach Educator/Mentoring Qualification
- A Teaching Qualification
- Experience of working across all levels in the professional game
- Driving Licence and over the age of 25
- Previous experience of working within the football or related organisation
- Coaching Education experience
- Youth Coaching experience
- Good communication skills and ability to interact positively with colleagues, parents and Academy Players
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Must be trustworthy and reliable
- Can manage own time effectively
- A strong work ethic.
- Confident and can influence at all levels
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work both as part of a team and under own initiative
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Manages their own development
- Keyboard skills, including use of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Worked within football previously
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply for the Academy Head of Coaching role:
- Please read the job description and ensure that you meet the Essential requirements of the role
- Read the Guidance Notes for completing the Application form
- Please send a covering letter, your completed Application Form and signed Self-Declaration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 6th December 2019.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview week commencing 9th December.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview and meet the Essential requirements for the role.