Job Title: Lead Professional Development Phase Coach
Location: Higgs Centre, Coventry
Reporting to: Academy Manager
Hours of work: Such hours as necessary to carry out your duties at the discretion of the Head of Department
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 5th June 2019
Coventry City Football Club is seeking a Lead Professional Development Phase Coach to join the Academy.
The post holder shall support the philosophy and strategy as set out by the Football club:
- Assisting in the delivery and development of players aged 16-18
- Work with under 18 team in the Academy games programme
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team including Coaches, Sports Science, Education and Welfare staff delivering a service to Academy players in the Professional Development Phase.
- Developing an elite environment for the progression and development of young professional players, promoting the Club’s Philosophy, Vision and Culture at all times.
- Creating a clear understanding of the Club Philosophy and Academy Performance Plan.
- Adopting a multi-disciplinary approach and communication to ensure the well-being and holistic development of the Academy U16-18 players.
- Preparing, delivering and recording the U18 Academy Coaching Programme, including all coaching sessions in relation to the technical and individual player development syllabus.
- Monitoring and reporting on the achievement of performance targets and progress of the professional development programme.
- Taking responsibility for the measurement of each Under 18 player by identifying and implementing long term, medium term and short term goals.
- Managing the transition of players that play and train between the Youth and Professional Development Phase (PDP) along with progression through the age groups.
- Conducting performance reviews with all U18 players with a multi-disciplinary approach, working closely with the medical, sports science, analysis and education departments.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies: -
- A proven track record of coaching at a professional level and of coaching U16-21 players in an Academy environment
- UEFA ‘A’ Coaching License (Essential)
- Advanced Youth Award (Essential)
- CPD License Maintenance, Member of the FA Licenced Coaches Club
- Safeguarding Children
- Clean driving license
- DBS check
- Computer skills as PMA forms a large part of recording data
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Availability for flexible working hours.
- Able to communicate effectively with Academy staff, senior management staff and club managers
- Adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development
- Excellent IT and presentation skills.
- Focused on individual player development within a team
- Must live within a workable distance of the football club
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- To apply for the Lead Professional Development Phase Coach role, please send a covering letter and up to date CV to email@example.com by Wednesday 5th June 2019
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview after the deadline for applications.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview. Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.