Coventry City Football Club attended today’s meeting in Westminster, and welcomed the opportunity for the parties involved in the current impasse to come together to discuss the future of the Football Club in the City.
At the start of the meeting today, it was agreed that no party would publicly comment on what was discussed in the meeting.
As stated previously, we maintain that face-to-face talks between key figures in all parties would be the only way to find a solution.
We would like to thank those who took the time to attend the meeting today, including:
- Jeremy Wright (Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport), Mims Davies (Minister for Sport), their ministerial colleagues and local MPs.
- Julie Newman, Coventry City Council
- Nick Eastwood, Wasps
- Andy Street, West Midlands Mayor
- Shaun Harvey and John Nagle, EFL
- Mark McCafferty, Premiership Rugby
- Joy Seppala, SISU
- Laura Deering, SISU
Tim Fisher, Chairman, and Dave Boddy, Chief Executive, attended on behalf of the Football Club.
We hope that an agreement can be found that will provide the best solution to all parties, that being Coventry City playing home games at the Ricoh Arena next season.