Coventry City Football Club are delighted to be supporting University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire’s Compassionate Community Project.
Compassionate Communities is a local initiative which aims to facilitate support for the dying and bereaved from within the community itself.
Working in partnership with Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust, UHCW NHS Trust has recruited volunteers to provide the Compassionate Communities service.
Now, the project is looking to recruit more volunteers who can visit people in their homes within the Coventry area and will be tasked with the following:
- Being present within the patient’s home in a supportive non-medical role
- Listening to their needs and feelings
- Showing understanding and compassion appropriate to individual needs
- Giving guidance and support by signposting them to the appropriate professional
- Foster an appropriate relationship that enables support to be given before the person dies but also enables bereavement support to be offered to families
For more information and for details on how you can get involved then you can contact Coventry City Club Chaplain and Lead Chaplain & Bereavement Services Manager at UHCW Simon Betteridge on: 024 7696 7511 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.