Job Title: Assistant Physiotherapist
Location: Sky Blue Lodge
Reporting to: Head of Medical
Hours of work: Varies due to nature of role (Evening and Weekend work required)
Application Closing Date: 5.00pm Friday 14th June 2019
A rare opportunity exists to join the Physiotherapy team at Coventry City Football Club.
The Club is seeking a qualified full time Assistant Physiotherapist to assist with the direction, organisation and implementation of movement analysis, treatment, progressive rehabilitation, medical screening, the sports science programme, strength and conditioning, and health/medical education programmes for Academy, Senior squad and U23s Players. The post holder will also be required to attend U23 fixtures to provide the necessary medical provisions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
To Assist the Head of Medical and Head of Sports Science Implement and oversee the following:
- To assist in the implementation of a movement correction/screening programme for senior and development squad that can be disseminated down to Academy players who may individually make up part of development squad
- To prescribe corrective motor re-programming exercises where appropriate and direct concomitant strength and conditioning programmes to ensure optimal athletic performance of senior and development squad players
- To maintain responsibility for medical/health related matters appertaining to all players in the senior and development squads. This includes planning and directing rehabilitation and injury management.
- Responsible for arranging and organising the screening, assessment and treatment of all Under 23 squad players. This would include the development, organisation and implementation of the treatment and rehabilitation programmes for this age group.
- Coordinate relevant Academy and First Team Medical staff for an Athletic Development Meeting every 6 weeks to discuss the seamless dissemination of practice from Senior Team through to The Academy
- Assist with the management and direction of the Development Squad Sports Scientist(s) and Physiotherapist(s), both full time and part time, and associated interns to ensure all requirements of player athletic development, sports science and medicine are adhered to.
- Work closely with the Academy Physiotherapist and Senior Club Physiotherapist in respect of the development, organisation and implementation of musculo-skeletal screening, movement correction, pertinent treatment and rehabilitation programmes for all Academy and Professional players.
- Assist with, as directed from your line manager, and closely monitor, with guidance from relevant conditioning coaches, an appropriate strength and conditioning programme for Senior and U23 players
- Responsible for accompanying the First-team on home and away match days. This would include the pre-match medical preparation, the provision of on-field first aid/treatment and the post-match medical treatment.
- Manage the physiotherapy provision for Under 23 home and away matches.
- Assist with the Coordination of the medical screening (cardiology and orthopaedic) for all players.
- Maintain communication weekly, and daily when necessary, with department staff and team management concerning all medical/health matters to ensure all issues are addressed.
- Responsible for the liaison and rapport with the consultant specialist(s) concerned in the cardiology and orthopaedic screening programme.
- Responsible for liaising with relevant consultant specialists(s) when further treatment is required, in conjunction with the Head of Medical and Fitness.
- Assist with the coordination, attend and if required transport players to/from Specialist consultations and investigations.
- Help to organise and deliver medical/health education programmes of training for all players and associated staff as and when required.
- To be involved in the organisation and implementation of in-service medical training for coaching and/or medical/ fitness staff.
- Coordinate and deliver health/medical education briefings for all U23 players, parents and guardians.
- To adhere to handbook policies and procedures regarding player welfare
- To be involved in the counselling process of all Squad players concerning all medical/health matters.
- Attend all briefings, courses, in-service training days and seminars as required by Coventry City Football Club and the Football Association Medical Education Centre as designated in conjunction with EPPP legislation.
- Ensure adequate physiotherapy provisions and supplies at all Development Squad venues.
- To partake in In-Service Training/CPD Sessions throughout the Medical and Fitness
- Comply with terms of reference applicable to all staff as detailed in the Coventry City FC Employee Handbook.
- Assist with the management and be a mentor to department interns
- Liaise with department staff to ensure continuous recruitment of high quality Interns to work within the Medical and Fitness department.
- Research and stay up-to-date on current/future trends within the field of physiotherapy, sports science and strength and conditioning.
- Timetable and implement an effective athlete testing programme
- Physical battery of tests to include a movement screen
- Musculo-skeletal screening
- Physiological battery of tests
- Feedback to (and compare to) national databases.
- Ad hoc duties required by the Manager and or the Head of Medical and Fitness to meet the needs of the business.
- Fluent in English Language
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- Member of HCPC and MCSP or equivalent insurance provided
- Previous work experience in a sporting environment
- Extensive knowledge of injury prevention methods and recovery strategies
- First Aid qualification with minimum of ITMMiF (ATMMiF highly desirable)
- Full UK driving licence (highly desirable)
- Valid pitch-side emergency aid qualification (AREA/REMO)
- A positive attitude to Information Technology in carrying out the responsibilities of the post.
- Personal commitment to continuous personal professional development.
- Team player.
- Open minded with a view to adopting new practices.
- Highly motivated with a passion for elite sport, particularly football.
- Personal integrity and the ability to invoke trust and respect from others.
- A hands-on approach and strong work ethic is a must with an enthusiasm to develop his/her skills
- Ability to remain focused and work independently when required
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible and proactive approach to workload
- Available to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
All employees of the Club must adhere to the rules and regulations of the Football League and Football Association and not knowingly do anything or omit to do anything, which will cause the Club to be in breach of the Laws of the Game, the Rules of the Football Association or the Rules and Regulations of the Football League.
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- To apply for the Assistant Physiotherapy role, please send a covering letter and current CV to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 14th June 2019
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview w/c 17th June 2019
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those whose applications meet the essential requirements of the role and are shortlisted for interview.