Job Title: Academy Match Day Physiotherapist
Hours of Work: Various
Responsible to: Head of Academy Physiotherapy
Salary: Competitive - paid on a per match basis
Location: The Alan Higgs Centre, Allard Way, Coventry, CV3 1HW
Coventry City Academy has an outstanding reputation of producing professional football players.
CCFC academy possess a 'category two' classification status awarded by the FA, Premier League and English Football League.
The Medical Department and staff play an integral part in physical and psychological development of elite young football players.
Coventry City Football Club Academy are looking for local match day Physiotherapists for the 2019/20 season who are keen to gain sports experience in an elite sporting environment. These opportunities are ideal for local newly qualified physiotherapists looking to supplement full time commitments.
The role is to support the Academy U9-16's age group teams by providing matchday cover for midweek evenings and Sunday morning games. Matches commonly kick off at 11am. Applicants are encouraged to ensure they have availability to do 2-4 Sunday morning shifts per month, with midweek availability. Staffing rotas are based on staff availability and planned one month ahead.
Travel to 'away' games and medical kit is provided.
The successful candidate(s) will be supported by other experienced Physiotherapists and will report directly to the Academy Manager and Head Academy Physiotherapist. The Medical department actively supports staff development undertaking monthly CPD and regularly partakes in University projects.
- Assessment of injured youth players
- Providing emergency first aid cover - weekend and evening matches
- Occasional evening schoolboy rehab clinic cover
- Keeping accurate medical records
- Promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children within the academy
- Excellent communication with staff, players and player's parents.
ESSENTIAL PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONS:
- Member of HCPC (Physiotherapists)
- Member of the CSP (Physiotherapists)
DESIRABLE PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONS:
- Possess an up to date Football Association certificate in Emergency First Aid and Safeguarding Children
- Enhanced DBS
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
- To apply for the Match Day Academy Physiotherapist role, please send a covering letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those candidates who possess the Essential elements of this role and are shortlisted for interview.