Job Title: Academy Goalkeeper Coach (Full Time)
Location: The Higgs Centre, Allard Way, Coventry, CV3 1JP
Reporting to: Academy Manager/Head of Goalkeeping
Hours of work: Full time
Salary: On Request
Application Closing Date: Friday 2nd August 2019
Coventry City Football Club is seeking a self-motivated, flexible and reliable candidate for the role of Academy Goalkeeper coach. The role requires someone who has experience in developing goalkeepers in the 9-18 age groups. This role provides a vital part of the Academy environment and has great value in the development of young people.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Developing an elite environment for the progression and development of young players, promoting the Club’s Philosophy, Vision and Culture at all times.
- Manage the Part Time GK Academy Staff, providing support where required to ensure work is planned, delivered and reviewed in line with the Club Culture, Philosophy and requirements of the EPPP.
- Adopting a multi-disciplinary approach and communication to ensure the well being and holistic development of the Academy U9-18 players.
- Preparing, delivering and recording the Goalkeeper Academy Coaching Programme, including all coaching sessions in relation to the technical and individual player development syllabus.
- Monitoring and reporting on the achievement of performance targets and progress of the professional development programme.
- Taking responsibility for the measurement of each Goalkeeper by identifying and implementing long term, medium term and short-term goals.
- Provide Support, Cover and Feedback to the Head of Goalkeeping on the development of the club’s Goalkeepers.
- Provide cover and support for U23’s game day and training as required
- Observe Goalkeepers out on Loan or for recruitment where required.
- Have previous coaching experience in an Academy or Elite football environment and knowledge of the EPPP and the PMA system
- Hold the following qualifications as a minimum: UEFA B Goalkeeping Coaching B License, UEFA B License and FA Youth Award
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children (acquired before starting role)
- DBS clearance (acquired before starting role)
- BFAS (acquired before starting role)
- Be organised and have good time management skills with a flexible attitude to work
- Have a personable approach to efficiently deal with young footballers and their parents
- Member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
- Full driving licence and use of own vehicle
- Be able to work independently and proactively
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- To apply for the Academy Goalkeeper Coach role, please send a covering letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 2nd August 2019
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview. Incomplete applications and those which do not meet the essential requirements of the role will not be considered.