Job Title: Academy Administrator
Hours of Work:Monday to Friday (35 hours a week)
Reporting to: Academy Manager
Location: The Alan Higgs Centre, Coventry
Closing Date: Friday 2nd August 2019
Coventry City Football Club is looking for an Academy Administrator to support the administrative functions for the Academy.
We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated, flexible and reliable, who are willing to interact with staff, Academy players and parents.
- Responsible for all administrative tasks within the Academy office;
- Responsible for arranging, co-ordinating and confirming Academy fixtures from U9 to U18 level;
- Responsible for all player registrations;
- Liaise with Coaches, Players, parents, other Club Administrators and governing bodies;
- To respond to all charity, sponsorship, employment, trialist and work experience letters with the appropriate response and in accordance with Club protocol;
- Dealing with telephone calls, meeting visitors in person and dealing with correspondence by letter/email as well as other general administrative duties;
- Maintaining and updating all computerised records, including all invoices to a database, administering the management/recruitment software databases on a daily basis;
- Maintaining the Academy staff and Player filing system and ensuring that records are up-to-date;
- Maintaining accurate disciplinary records of Academy Players, bookings, suspensions etc;
- Liaise with Academies, Centre of Excellence’s and FA’s re permission to watch matches, venues, kick offs etc;
- Attendance of all In-Service events;
- Distribution of Academy Literature;
- Collate all images taken for any Academy documents and for PR purposes;
- Co-ordinate pool vehicles/vans, to ensure the effective control of all keys and fuel cards;
- Implementation of a system to ensure safe keeping and proper care and usage of the vehicles;
- Maintain a log of vehicle usage and ensure this is submitted to the Finance Department on a monthly basis in accordance with the Company protocol and procedures;
- Ensure the regular maintenance of club vehicles;
- To co-ordinate the Academy transport requirements for Players, Trialists, games, medical appointments, airport pick-ups etc;
- To obtain quotes for flights and other travel as and when required;
- Maintain all Academy office supplies, stationery and equipment;
- Assisting on the production of player progress reports;
- A commitment to Continued Professional Development and attendance at in-service training programmes;
- Liaise with Designated Safeguarding Officer on any relevant matters and safeguarding issues, seeking guidance whenever required;
- To ensure high standards of all club correspondence;
- Submission of all repair and maintenance requirements to Centre Manager;
- To ensure a high level of professionalism is displayed at all times;
- To liaise with relevant departments in relation to meetings;
- To represent the Employer, Coventry City FC in a professional manner at all times;
- Any other reasonable duties as deemed by the Academy Secretary/Academy Manager;
This job description sets out current duties of the post that may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact positively with colleagues, parents and Academy players;
- Proficient in IT skills including Office products;
- Full clean driving licence preferred;
- Willing to work as part of a team;
- Must be trustworthy and reliable;
- Clean Driving License;
- Enhanced DBS certificate;
- Can manage own time effectively;
- A strong work ethic.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strength in time management, administrative ability, organisation and customer service skills is essential
- Able to manage existing customer relationships and proactively develop new customer relationships
- Identifies and anticipates customer needs and exceeds expectations
- Confident and can influence at all levels
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work both as part of a team and under own initiative
- Keyboard skills, including use of Word, Excel and Outlook
Coventry City FC is committed safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safer recruitment throughout the company. An enhanced DBS check is a requirement of the role.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- To apply for the Academy Administrator role, please send a covering letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 2nd August 2019. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview w/c 5th
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview.