Job Title: Match Day Lottery Sellers
Hours of Work: 3 hours, Match Days only (Weekends and Evenings)
Responsible to: Head of Commercial
Salary:£30 per match
Coventry City Football Club is looking for part time sellers on matchdays
We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated, energetic and reliable, who are willing to interact with hundreds of fans at each game.
The matchday lottery seller will play a crucial role within the organisation’s game day operations. During each game, lottery tickets will be sold to supporters with 50% of proceeds going to an individual and the other 50% benefiting Coventry City Academy.
- Engaging with fans in pubs and around the stadium prior to kick off, spreading awareness of the Coventry City Lottery;
- Proactively selling Lottery tickets to supporters in the Corporate suites and Concourses, promoting the winners’ prize fund and Coventry City Academy;
- Handling cash transactions, card machines and the sale and distribution of Coventry City Lottery tickets; and
- Be responsible for meeting/and or exceeding designated sales targets per game
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- An ability to interact positively with a large fan base and work independently
- To work with other highly motivated, high energy sellers
- Outgoing personality to encourage fans to purchase
- Strong sales skills; a background in sales or marketing would be advantageous
- Prior work in sports/entertainment is beneficial
- Self-starter who will constantly challenge one’s self to increase their individual ticket sales
- Have knowledge of Coventry City
- Available to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays (including Christmas and Easter) as necessary.
Additional hours and responsibilities may be available to the right candidates. Please note, due to gambling commission legislation we can only offer this position to candidates over the age of 16.
Due to the number of applications received, we are only able to contact those who are shortlisted for interview. Please indicate on your application if you are happy for us to retain your information on file, as we may be able to contact you at a later date when additional roles become available.
Coventry City FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment. We support the Football League’s BAME project.
- To apply for the Match Day Lottery Seller role, please send a covering letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to the high volume of candidates only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- Successful candidates will undergo training